Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Thank you for all the feedback!

I think 100mm will be the way to go for me.

I have a Zeiss Milvus lens kit, but the 100mm Macro is a whopping $1800, vs the Canon 100m f/2.8 L on sale for $799 right now + 4% rewards on BH. Macro is a not a "go to" lens but a speciality lens.

Any reason why not to spring for the Canon Macro? On top of that, it has IS and AF...

I don't think a macro need be a matched set to the Milvus, no?

On the flip side, might the silky smooth focus ring of the Milvus be preferable?

2. Collapse Details
    Can anyone speak to Milvus 100mm Macro vs Canon L 100mm Macro?

Milvus = 1:2 magnification (not true Macro), same Milvus look as my other lenses, silky smooth focus, huge price tag
    Canon = 1:1 true macro magnification, IS and AF, decent manual focus, will anyone really see the Milvus vs Canon difference for a less frequently used macro lens, price is less than 50%...

Leaning Canon because it's so cost effective and a true 1:1 magnification, but hesitant due to having all Milvus lenses and appreciating a good manual focus ring. But I think this macro wouldn't get a ton of game time (close product shots and some artistic details), and 1:1 seems like it may be a boon if I am not interested in the 100mm Milvus for anything other than macro (I already have the 85mm Milvus 1/4).

Any thoughts between the two would be helpful!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12