Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by flinty View Post
    Is it not a fact Panasonic have lowered the sharpness detail in the GH5,without doubt it is compared to the GH4 i exchanged my GH5 for.
    The sharpening at -5 in GH5 is way worse than the same in GH4. This is a problem that cannot be disabled or removed then in post.

2. Collapse Details
    My GH5 has to be set at 3 least notches higher than the previous GH4 or bridge cameras i have to match their resolution.But in other respects it a better camera than the GH4.

3. Collapse Details
    My GH5 has to be set at 3 least notches higher than the previous GH4 or bridge cameras i have to match their resolution.But in other respects it a better camera than the GH4.
    Your GH5 is probably defective.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ita149 View Post
    Your GH5 is probably defective.
    Having seen GH5 films put on here that look like average HD i dont need to worry,plus mine has been checked,my supplier found nothing wrong with it or with the 100-400mm lens that i have now got rid of and replaced with the 100-300mm,the fact is the GH5 cant match the resolution or AF of cameras like the https://vimeo.com/226822159 but the GH5 has several assets that put it above that camera in other ways.

5. Collapse Details
    Cool
    the fact is the GH5 can't match the resolution or AF of cameras like the A6500 but the GH5 has several assets that put it above that camera in other ways.
    Yes, you don't buy the GH5 for it's AF peformance, but I haven't seen any A6500 vs GH5 shootouts where the A6500 footage appeared sharper. I know that on paper this is true, but I've never seen it backed up with actual frame grabs that show significant difference. ( I did test the Sony FS5 against my GH4, and the FS5 was slightly sharper )

Too much sharpness was always a problem for me when shooting 4K with the GH4, so I was always dialing it down to -5. I haven't done a side by side sharpness test between the GH4 and GH5, but overall I like the GH5 image much better than the GH4.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12