Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by jbregar View Post
    Has EgoDisk stated why they don't recommend the Lexar CR1 and CR2 CFast readers? I have both readers and they've both worked wonderfully with everything I've thrown at them (Transcend, Lexar, SanDisk, Delkin and A-Data to date). It always gives me pause when an upstart company says "our cards are awesome except don't use them with <some established piece of gear>" without a pretty decent explanation why it's not their card causing the issue by being non-compliant in some way.

It's like a brand new HDD manufacturer saying "don't use our HDD with Macs"... what is it about your hard drive or the Mac that causes them to be incompatible? There should be no issues if you're both adhering to the spec... and if I'm going to assume someone's out of spec, it's going to be the brand new storage provider, not Apple.
    Not that I'm aware of. I posted the same question earlier today via Amazon.com page for EgoDisk but haven't yet received a reply. Someone had asked a similar question - what CFast card readers they recommend. They replied to that but someone else also replied saying that their Lexar CFast reader (which is what I've also got) worked fine. If I don't hear from EgoDisk or they reply with a good reason, I'll get a new reader but I'm hoping they reply and change their original recommendation. It's small potatoes, money-wise but I've been 100% happy with the Lexar CFast reader I've got.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    I saw that same Amazon comment section and EGODisk stated that they wouldn't recommend the Lexar Cfast reader for any manufacturer's card. They seem to just dislike the Lexar reader in general.

I looked at their website and they are using MLC flash. The more expensive cards use flash that is supposed last for more cycles. I don't know if it matters for camera cards that aren't being overwritten continuously. Where are they actually sourcing their memory? I'm wondering if it is the same as Transcends CFX600 cards.

3. Collapse Details
    These Angelbird CFast cards are appearing on aussie websites, they appear to have jumped into the void made by Lexar departing.

https://www.angelbird.com/prod/avpro...0/?category=79

160 or 240 GB CFast 2.0
    540 MB/s read, 380 MB/s write.

4. Collapse Details
    kinda pointless if everything is out of stock? is it safe to assume angelbird is made in germany? anyone know where egodisk is manufactured?

abit off topic, can someone crunch some math and tell me how long can i record on 4k 4:2:0 8 bit using a 64gb/128 sd card? also assuming i record 2k proxy out of the canon raw light, how much footage can a 64gb/128 sd card fit?
    Last edited by Amira-user; 08-03-2017 at 09:34 PM.

5. Collapse Details
    Lexar isn't "going out of business" as much as refocusing on manufacturing the proprietary Micron products. CFast/2.0/CFexpress are based on the coalition specs, where there's always a race for the bottom and that always favors the Chinese manufacturers.

6. Collapse Details
    Canon UK has published a list of C200 compatible CFast 2.0 cards:

https://www.canon.co.uk/support/cons...tcm:14-1591125

Hopefully they'll test out some of the lower-cost cards but I'm not holding my breath.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by fhammond View Post
    Canon UK has published a list of C200 compatible CFast 2.0 cards:

https://www.canon.co.uk/support/cons...tcm:14-1591125

Hopefully they'll test out some of the lower-cost cards but I'm not holding my breath.
    Thanks! I've added this list to the OP. I've also heard back from Delkin and Komputerbay, and while Delkin is a no-go for now, Komputerbay says they do support VPG-130 and they're also on the Blackmagic list of approved CFast 2.0 cards. Seems like they're a solid option too.

8. Collapse Details
    I suspect that all of the lower cost CFast 2.0 cards are just rebranded MLC flash and probably all sourced from the same manufacturer. Does anybody know?

9. Collapse Details
    CFAST Cards for Canon C200 In Stock at Sandisk Store
    DVXuser Sponsor
    I just spoke to Sandisk about availability their CFAST cards.

Sandisk expects that availability will continued to be constrained for several months due to the Lexar exit from the marketplace.

Sandisk has 64GB & 128GB CFAST cards in stock if you need a cards immediately:

Sandisk SDCFSP-064G-A46D Extreme Pro CFast™ 2.0 (525MB/s) Memory Card - 64GB
    $289.99
    http://shop.sandisk.com/store/sdisku...tID.5124941100

SanDisk SDCFSP-128G-A46D Extreme Pro CFast™ 2.0 (525MB/s) Memory Card - 128GB
    $499.99
    http://shop.sandisk.com/store/sdisku...tID.5124941200

We've added the Canon UK list of qualified cards to the specs tab of the C200 & C200B product pages:

Canon C200 Camera Body with EVF, LCD & Grip 2215C002 $7499

Canon C200B Body (No EVF, LCD, Grip, or Handle) $5999

C200 24-105mm II Lens Kit 2244C002 $8399

Canon C200 Body + 18-80mm Compact-Servo Lens Kit $12598.05

Canon C200B Body + 18-80mm Compact-Servo Lens Kit $11,198.05

Canon C200B Accessories $199 - $699

Last edited by Terry Nixon; 08-04-2017 at 11:47 AM.
    Terry Nixon
    terry@tmsav.com
    Texas Media Systems
    Phone 1-512-440-1400 Ext 203
    Twitter Facebook Instagram Linkedin

10. Collapse Details
    KomputerBay CFast 2.0 3700x is a tad over $1/GB.

Quote Originally Posted by cpreston View Post
    I suspect that all of the lower cost CFast 2.0 cards are just rebranded MLC flash and probably all sourced from the same manufacture. Does anybody know?
    My hunch is that this is correct but is a trade/company secret. Unless one begins to crack these cards open ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvTEh9FhSz4

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast