Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Got my FreeTail 256GB CFast. I let the C200 record it to full a few times and it works as you'd expect. Same with the ProGrades.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by jbregar View Post
    Got my FreeTail 256GB CFast. I let the C200 record it to full a few times and it works as you'd expect. Same with the ProGrades.
    Is the Freetail brittle plastic junky feeling or robust Nylon reinforced plastic that feels like it will last a long time and stand up to abuse? We'd all love to save money but if the plastic feel is crappy, I'd rather pay for the ProGrades. Will you go deep into the Freetails and buy more or more ProGrades? I've been using the Egodisks hard for a year now and they still look and feel new, none of the paint or graphics have chipped or worn off.
    Gear matters. But just a little. Story is everything.

3. Collapse Details
    My FreeTail is metal top and bottom with plastic sides, just like all my other Compact Flash and CFast. At least I believe so. I’ll look when I get home.

4. Collapse Details
    My FreeTail is metal top and bottom with plastic sides, just like all my other Compact Flash and CFast. At least I believe so. Iíll look when I get home.
    Seems pretty solid to me. However, I'm having one issue with my 512gb FreeTail. Most times on a single power-up, the C200 does not read the card. It requires a second power on/off cycle to finally be able to record to the card. Annoying to say the least. And it definitely freaks you out when your camera says it can't read or write to the card. I'll upgrade my C200 firmware first to see if that resolves it. Then I'll contact Freetail and see about getting a replacement.

5. Collapse Details
    Isn’t there some kind of issue with a lot of 512GB cards? I thought something was mentioned earlier in this thread.

6. Collapse Details
    Also, here's a pic of the FreeTail and ProGrade cards. Interestingly, the "branding" label is on the back/bottom of the FreeTail (and the front is blank). Similar to the Transcend CFX600s I used with my C300 Mark II. So, the empty side is "up" in the card reader. Not a big deal.

Construction on the two is the same... I imagine it's similar to the EgoDisk.

IMG_1619.jpg
    IMG_1621.jpg

7. Collapse Details
    Also, here's a pic of the FreeTail and ProGrade cards. Interestingly, the "branding" label is on the back/bottom of the FreeTail (and the front is blank). Similar to the Transcend CFX600s I used with my C300 Mark II. So, the empty side is "up" in the card reader. Not a big deal.

Construction on the two is the same... I imagine it's similar to the EgoDisk.

IMG_1619.jpg
    IMG_1621.jpg
    Thanks for the report. If the Freetail works just as well as the ProGrade and EgoDisk, once you have some hours on them, I can't see a reason to not buy them. It's about time we didn't have to pay a fortune for media for the C200!

8. Collapse Details
    Yeah. I’m shooting a passion project in the next few weeks that I could always reshoot if necessary... so I’ll give them a workout and report back. If all goes well, I’ll likely snag at least one more FreeTail. $175 is a steal.

9. Collapse Details
    Yeah. I’m shooting a passion project in the next few weeks that I could always reshoot if necessary... so I’ll give them a workout and report back. If all goes well, I’ll likely snag at least one more FreeTail. $175 is a steal.
    Definitely. I will buy half a dozen of them if they are reliable.

10. Collapse Details
    You guys really risk your data for a few bucks saved?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728 LastLast