Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Recording stops when changing lens?
    Hi everybody.

I just had first situation when I had to change lens during the wedding ceremony. Usually i record continuosly and I realozed recording wtoped when i removed my lens to attach another one. I though I hit record button accidentialy but no. Is it any chance too turn off this feature?

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by kopan View Post
    Hi everybody.

I just had first situation when I had to change lens during the wedding ceremony. Usually i record continuosly and I realozed recording wtoped when i removed my lens to attach another one. I though I hit record button accidentialy but no. Is it any chance too turn off this feature?
    WHy would you want to do that? It's not something I'd do while the camera is turned on, but while recording????

3. Collapse Details
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneinapond View Post
    WHy would you want to do that? It's not something I'd do while the camera is turned on, but while recording????
    +1

I would be so p*ssed if I burnt my GH5 by swapping lenses with the camera running.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneinapond View Post
    WHy would you want to do that? It's not something I'd do while the camera is turned on
    You're kidding right? It's just not reasonable to design a camera that has to be turned off for a lens change. That would make the camera MUCH less useful for event work.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Simon View Post
    You're kidding right? It's just not reasonable to design a camera that has to be turned off for a lens change. That would make the camera MUCH less useful for event work.
    If it's that critical then bring multiple bodies with different lenses so you don't even need to change.....

6. Collapse Details
    I change lenses all the time while powered on, not a big deal if it is designed correctly. But I see no reason to keep recording while changing a lens. No matter how you look at it, the shot is finished when it goes from lens mounted to no lens (no image). The only way around this would be to use adapted lenses, then you might also get someone to build you a big turret for two or three lenses.

7. Collapse Details
    Thanks for responds. I did it to avoid syncing material couple times. I used two cameras but i wanted to change it for a telephoto. I just had to in this particular situation (stupid rules in the church, somebody who was in charge was not specific, the funniest thing that i have been there before without problema). I agree that changing lens when camera is on is not big deal. It would make job less efficient if everytime you would have to turn it off to switch lens. I read that you can change lens when it is on so just though i can do it also when recording is on. But thank for clearing this.

8. Collapse Details
    If this happens a lot, consider changing to an adapted lens system. This way the camera doesn't even know a lens is attached so you can do whatever you want.

But read through this thread too, as sync issues can be fixed with internal timecode: http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread...shoot-with-GH5

I think setting the timecode to free run and using the same phone to set the timers to time of day will have the greatest chance of success short of GH4 with YAGH and external timecode input.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Simon View Post
    I know that many people do this and I have only heard of a few people screwing up their cameras by doing this, but it's common sense that you would shut down an electrical device before monkeying with live circuits.

I am surprised that you think this is a normal thing ?

10. Collapse Details
    Another solution is to use an external recorder. On my Ninja Blade I just tried it and sure enough the Blade keeps on recording while I swap lenses. Ig heavily invested in native m43 lenses and you prefer the use of those lenses this may be a more affordable option vs replacing your entire lens collection with adapted lenses. Not to mention you get a much better monitor to use for critical focus.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast