1. Collapse Details
    Proof of Concept Trailer ? or ?'s
    I put this in marketing. Since it would be marketing a proof of concept trailer for a for profit crowdfunding group.

I was talking with a writer friend last night about doing a short scene from an upcoming feature that I wrote and would direct.

Long story short. He asked me if I had seen the Looper proof of concept trailer. I hadn't. So I watched it . Then I called him back and we spoke some more.

He thought doing something like this would work. It'd give a feel for the film and then at the end of it. Just add a quick trailer of clips from films that I've worked on as a producer to show what I've accomplished in the past.

So last night I did find some stock footage that would work.

My questions or questions would be. Like another friend thought. Since it wouldn't be footage that I shot would it hinder me in anyway? That's why the original friend suggested I add footage from my films.

https://vimeo.com/51294350

Pulled this from the story about Johnson doing the trailer.

This is a strange curiosity I thought might be interesting - just after I finished the script for Looper but before we began preproduction I asked Joe to record some voice-over, and with help from my friend Ronen Verbit constructed this "fake trailer" using clips from other movies. This is a fairly common thing to do when you're trying to get a movie off the ground, but it was the first time I tried it. It was meant to show more some of the film's tone, and to show how the odd concept could be presented in a clear and compelling way in the marketing. Zach Johnson did the sketches. Note that we hadn't begun the casting process yet, and the clips were chosen just based on their visuals and not by who is in them. - R. Johnson
    Last edited by GaryinCalifornia; 07-24-2017 at 12:30 PM.

2. Collapse Details
    Youre supposed to use footage from other films, it helps people imagine what the movie will be like. YOU can also use stills or just whatever helps:

Joe Carnahan did one for his Daredevil movie that fell through:

http://nerdist.com/heres-a-look-at-w...ght-have-been/
    HEART-STOPPING SUPERNATURAL TERROR!

SHOCKS FROM BEYOND!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9CHXnysth0

3. Collapse Details
    Mood reels are extremely powerful when pitching. Traditionally you would use previous footage to create a compelling trailer that fits the scope, mood, production value, and style of your film. We we use it all the time. A proof of concept to me is original footage whether its a scene or a series of scenes to create a trailer.
    Indie Film Producer
    Film Funding Blog