1. Collapse Details
    1Dx II right baseplate?
    Hi folks, I would like any advice to get a right baseplate.
    Since itīs a tall body I wasnīt able to find right choice.
    Mostly use without rods BUT it will useful to get them, to add mattebox and handgrips!
    I tiried with 16x9 cine M15 baseplate, built like a tank, BUT unable to fit Lens inside MMB1 mattebox, taller body.
    mybest and many thanks!
    Last edited by arturrito; 07-20-2017 at 11:58 AM.

2. Collapse Details
    Arri LWS kit 1Dc
    Tilta ES-T11
    Movcam 1Dc / 5D

all of them just baseplate, since 1Dx2 is 4mm taller than 1Dc, so the whole cage systems are not compatible!

cheers mates!

3. Collapse Details
    I have the Arri cage system for my 1DC and my uneducated guess says it is compatible because:

1. you don't have to mount the cage system to the camera shoe therefore negating any height issue. The cage sits in front of the camera a little bit so the battery slides out without any issue.

2. The piece that does mount between the cam shoe and the cage (Arri CHS-1) is height adjustable by a little bit.

Personally I can't recommend the Arri stuff enough. I love the Arri 3/8" interface with the registration pins. I literally will never buy anything else that doesn't have registration pins. That cage is ready for anything you throw at it. I often run a sound devices mix pre d mounted to the cage along with a shotgun mic and a wireless receiver and nothing budges during the shoot. I modified the SD XL-Cam bracket to Arri 3/8" and its rock solid and never moves.
    Last edited by Movies by Matt; 07-20-2017 at 03:53 PM.

4. Collapse Details
    Hi Matt! xtremely useful note. I checked Tilta isnīt compatible. Till now I have any answer from Movcam and Arri sellers. From my side, Arri is top notch, the problem is my wallet depth !