Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    DVX200 Firmware Update v 1.83
    Hi All, I just noticed that Panasonic put out a new firmware update today. Here are the details:

http://eww.pass.panasonic.co.jp/pro-...pgdvx200_e.htm

Ver. 1.83-
    The camera may freeze if you perform a Zoom operation while other menu settings are set after Focus Transition is set up.
    “Focus Transition function”
    A function to enable the Focus to shift to a pre-registered focus position It is assigned to a USER button before it is used, and can be cancelled by operating the Zoom.
    Indicated remaining storage capacity is not correct in VFR recording Error is corrected in calculation method for remaining capacity in VFR recording.
    Especially, when the slow motion effect is set (* REC Frame rate is greater than Playback Frame rate), the camera has a symptom where the remaining time of the storage media is shorter than indicated.
    * REC FORMAT (FR in playback) < FR in recording
    FHD 1080/59.94p 50M (59.94)  < 62 - 120 fps
    FHD 1080/29.97p 50M (29.97)  < 32 - 120 fps
    FHD 1080/23.98p 50M (23.98)  < 26 - 120 fps
    FHD 1080/50.00p 50M (50.00)  < 52 - 120 fps
    FHD 1080/25.00p 50M (25.00)  < 27 - 120 fps
    Improvement of SDI Audio
    SDI Output (3G-SDI, HD-SDI, SD-SDI) Problems such as ‘the status of Audio CH2 not indicated’ are fixed.
    SD-SDI Audio If the camera is alternately put into Recording Mode and Playback Mode, there may be a difference of a few samples in phase between CH1 and CH2 on rare occasions. This problem is fixed.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    Nice to see an update finally. Was worried that they might have stopped working on this camera and started focusing on the AU-EVA1. I'm still holding our for an internal 10bit software/hardware upgrade but looking doubtful

3. Collapse Details
    Thanks for the update on the update. I typically check once a week or so to see if anything new has been released but I missed it this time. I don't really have anything on a wish list as far as updates go but any improvement is always appreciated.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by rowanhs View Post
    Was worried that they might have stopped working on this camera and started focusing on the AU-EVA1. I'm still holding our for an internal 10bit software/hardware upgrade but looking doubtful
    You don't really think Panasonic is that small, do you?

Also, if they made the DVX200 do internal 10bit, the camera would catch fire and melt.
    Jason R. Johnston
    Cinematographer

web: jasonrjohnston.com
    email: jrjphoto@gmail.com
    phone: +1 (956) 563-5056

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

5. Collapse Details
    I feel pretty confident in saying that if there were ever to be a 10-bit DVX200, it would not be in the form of an upgrade, it'd be a new model (like DVX200A, or DVX250, something like that). I can't think of any example where Panasonic has offered internal hardware upgrades to an existing model that would change it so fundamentally, so I don't expect any such upgrade for the DVX200. I do, however, think that it's entirely possible that they could introduce a new 10-bit model whenever they offer an updated version.

6. Collapse Details
    Barry, Put a bug in there ear, for a Remote App for Android!! Way over due!

7. Collapse Details
    I had it freeze during a focus transition event when zooming just after. Thought it was me.... cuz it almost always is! Nice to see it fixed (and NOT me!). X2 on the Android app....

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry_Green View Post
    I feel pretty confident in saying that if there were ever to be a 10-bit DVX200, it would not be in the form of an upgrade, it'd be a new model (like DVX200A, or DVX250, something like that). I can't think of any example where Panasonic has offered internal hardware upgrades to an existing model that would change it so fundamentally, so I don't expect any such upgrade for the DVX200. I do, however, think that it's entirely possible that they could introduce a new 10-bit model whenever they offer an updated version.
    Just to add, I can't recall any manufacturer ever doing it. Same goes for 60P updates to cameras that don't offer it.
    w: Noel Evans TV

e: noel@noelevans.tv
    p: +61 (0) 408 455 374

ECHOES DOCUMENTARY - PURCHASE ON VIMEO ON DEMAND - ALL FUNDS GO TO THE CITY OF RIKUZENTAKAKA TO HELP CONTINUE THE REBUILD. https://vimeo.com/ondemand/echoesdocumentary

9. Collapse Details
    Would still love an indication of white balance temp on the LCD display when custom white balancing! But any update is cool with me. Hope they keep tweaking!

10. Collapse Details
    Any reports from folks that have installed this update?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast