1. Collapse Details
    Can you set the ISO on a GH4 lower than 200?
    I want to change the ISO on my GH4 to values below 200. Is that possible?

2. Collapse Details
    I believe the lowest it goes is 200 even with the extended ISO setting.

3. Collapse Details
    I forget now on the GH4, but I believe extended does go down to 100...but...don't do it. DR goes to s*%t. Same on GH5.

4. Collapse Details
    Extended ISO is only for stills, not video. Video stops at iso 200.
    "Money doesn't make films...You just do it and take the initiative." - Werner Herzog

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by joe12south View Post
    I forget now on the GH4, but I believe extended does go down to 100...but...don't do it. DR goes to s*%t. Same on GH5.
    The DR problem with the the GH4 extended ISOs @ 100-160 was only for JPG's, but RAW's had actually a bit more DR than @ 200, which I could see in comparison shots, and DxO showed in their sensor scores - also with the GH5, which, of course can go to 100 in video. I've seen no evidence that my GH5 stills JPG's have the GH4 problem (no baked in highlight roll-off as for 200 & higher ISOs), nor a video DR hit @ 100.

6. Collapse Details
    ISO numbers have long abandoned as a standard, for instance the GH5 ISO 200 is more like ISO 120 and ISO 400 is more like ISO 230.
    Last edited by Cary Knoop; 07-10-2017 at 05:24 PM.

7. Collapse Details
    The GH5 in extended ISO at 100 ISO has about 6 stops of dr and the highlights are completely blown at any semblance of a decent exposure anywhere else in the scene. Just give it a try with some bright whites in the sun. Gone gone and gone no matter how you expose with extended iso.

Cheers,
    Pete

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Berry View Post
    The DR problem with the the GH4 extended ISOs @ 100-160 was only for JPG's, but RAW's had actually a bit more DR than @ 200, which I could see in comparison shots, and DxO showed in their sensor scores - also with the GH5, which, of course can go to 100 in video. I've seen no evidence that my GH5 stills JPG's have the GH4 problem (no baked in highlight roll-off as for 200 & higher ISOs), nor a video DR hit @ 100.
    I tested ISO100 video on my GH5 and it was noticeably worse.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Berry View Post
    Replying to myself here. First, I've taken a more critical look at the ISO 100 setting in the GH5 in bright outdoor lighting and agree with Joe and Pete that it is definitely limited to lower DR situations. And the same easily blown highlights holds for JPG's as in the GH4, but the flat RAW conversion has the headroom of the ISO 200 JPG and RAW. I use a +2/-2 S/H JPG and video offset that pretty much mimics the RAW conversion. The JPG IQ is much better than GH4's, and they don't fall apart when pushed.