1. Collapse Details
    Youtube Vloggers
    I've noticed that a lot of regular youtube vloggers have some pretty complex opening sequences. A lot of their sequences are more complex than what I'll typically hand build for clients. Yet most of these people don't seem like they would be all that handy with After Effects. Am I just seriously underestimating them or am I missing something?

2. Collapse Details
    There are all sorts of sites out there where you can create a custom rendered opening sequence, with your words and/or graphics in 'em. www.flixpress.com is one example.

3. Collapse Details
    Everyone uses templates for everything today...SO many options available for inexpensive prices.

Some work is probably from scratch though...lots of talented minds out there who learn this stuff early in their careers. And it's only getting easier to do with online tutorials and plugins that contain lots of flexibility in your own NLE (hence not having to use AE, Motion, etc).

4. Collapse Details
    Thanks for the info. Figured I was missing something.

5. Collapse Details
    If they are succesful vloggers, you shouldn't discount that they might be making quite a lot of money on their channel even though their content might seem bland or something like that.

Once you get past the 5 million view point, you can make a living of it, enabling you to buy proper graphics for your vids. You'd be surprised the crap small children watch nowadays.... our youngest are watching nursery song videos that have in the area of 20-30 million views pr. video and there's a new one almost every day, or atleast once a week.

Personally... I wouldn't mind eating my pride if making these videos would enable me to live off them.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by legrevedotcom View Post
    Personally... I wouldn't mind eating my pride if making these videos would enable me to live off them.
    Some of them make 6-7 figures by just recording their lives everyday...I don't think anyone would mind that, ha.

7. Collapse Details
    Just about every one of them has a vlog complaining about recent changes in policy that cut money out of their channel, I don't think it's as profitable anymore.

8. Collapse Details
    The 'ad-pocalypse' pretty much wiped almost everyone out, but those with millions of subscribers are still profitable.

If a channel decreases or stops producing content, it was probably hit hard...because no money = no point (at least for most even though some rich ones might just be bored).

9. Collapse Details
    YouTube is trying to get people onto their Red subscription scheme but, IMO, they'll regret screwing over content creators. Facebook might be the first alternative; then there's iTunes, Vimeo, Amazon Prime and, of course, Patreon.