1. Collapse Details
    Slow Manual Focus
    Hello everyone,
    So after my DVX100B got stolen I bought an AC90a about a year ago. The price point was right for how serious I am at this point in time.

I got to know the DVX well & adored it. Zero issues. The only problem I'm currently having with the 90 is how slow the focus ring is. I feel like I have to spin it multiple times to complete a single "cycle."

I've searched & searched on this one to no avail. Can someone tell me if this sounds normal? Is there something stupid that I'm missing?

2. Collapse Details
    Hi Rubix3,
    I pulled out my AC90A and HMC150 to compare and the AC90A focus ring takes more turn plus is stiffer so it really makes it feel like more work to focus. It doesn't take like multiple spins but it does take more rotation than the 150, which is the closest camera I have to compare it to.
    Maybe that is the way all AC90s are?

3. Collapse Details
    Not sure about the 90, but on the 170, there was a menu option to change the rotation response. Having a slower response on focus may be a better option than you think.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by firehawk View Post
    Hi Rubix3,
    I pulled out my AC90A and HMC150 to compare and the AC90A focus ring takes more turn plus is stiffer so it really makes it feel like more work to focus. It doesn't take like multiple spins but it does take more rotation than the 150, which is the closest camera I have to compare it to.
    Maybe that is the way all AC90s are?

Quote Originally Posted by ggrantly View Post
    Not sure about the 90, but on the 170, there was a menu option to change the rotation response. Having a slower response on focus may be a better option than you think.
    Thank you both for your responses. And Firehawk for testing.
    I will dig into the menu tonight and look for rotation response. This is what I meant by "is it something stupid I'm missing" - believe me if it is I will totally throw myself on the coals for this one.

I hear ya on the slower response, but what I have now is literally too slow for a focus pull on a shallow / deep depth shot. It is extremely slow. Let me double check the menus and get back to you. I should post a video of the problem as well.