Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    What 4K camera on a budget?
    Currently looking at DMC-G7 + 20mm 1.7 lens, looks pretty amazing.

Any other cameras to consider in this price range? It's going to be used for in-house video production on my youtube channels, mostly want 4K to be able to crop, zoom etc (working solo).

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    i have the same setup and hope to be using the g7 for small talking head interviews to be included for client mini-docs.

i have the 25mm/1.7 for a wider interview look and the 42.5/1.8 for a tighter head shot.

though without a headphone jack, audio might be a concern there are viable work arounds.

be well.

rob
    smalltalk.productions
    the story is never black & white
    it takes Smalltalk to reveal the color

smalltalk.productions

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by robfilms View Post
    without a headphone jack
    Yeah, I'll probably just use a wired lavalier mic from my laptop.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Oller Visuals View Post
    Currently looking at DMC-G7 + 20mm 1.7 lens, looks pretty amazing.

Any other cameras to consider in this price range? It's going to be used for in-house video production on my youtube channels, mostly want 4K to be able to crop, zoom etc (working solo).
    If I look at prices on Ebay for the G7 ($400 - $500) I would consider the alternative the GX80/85 which is in the same price range.
    This camera has better colors, has IBIS, has no time limits and uses a larger part of the sensor.

5. Collapse Details
    Take a look at JVC LS300 - 4K for under $2999 4:2:2 8bit with the latest update
    removable lens, xlr audio in,

6. Collapse Details
    ah...think this beats them all.... 4k m43 sensor ( same as gh4 ) dci ....for $249 ! https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ..._4k_video.html

7. Collapse Details
    I second the G80-85. Better colors then G7.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

8. Collapse Details
    I would strongly recommend the RX100 V or the IV if you want to save some bucks (at the cost of much worse rolling shutter and not-so-great AF).

The IV has been my primary camera for two years now, and I couldn't be happier with it. It's an awesome little monster of a camera. Super sharp and clean 4k video with great DR (muuuuuch more DR than the GH4, which is the newest Panasonic that I have used), amazing slow motion (at 1080p), in a pocketable camera with a very nice non-interchangeable 24-70 lens. The only issue is that when shooting 4k or 120p you're going to need a lot of batteries (I use at least 3 in a full day of shooting, often 4).
    Last edited by Samuel H; 12-07-2017 at 03:26 AM.

9. Collapse Details
    I third the G80-85. Better colors than both the G7 and GH4. ( the GX80-85 is another great low cost alternative )

10. Collapse Details
    I bought the z cam...for 250 it was hard to pass. A guy name markr041 has some threads w/samples at personal-view and dpreview m43 forum about the camera. With the newest firmware it's vastly improved, and byfar the cheapest camera that shoots dci. As well it has mic inputand hdmi out for 1080. However I've also been looking into the olympus e m10mkiii. There's some nice samples at cameralabs. DXO rates the sensor higher than the pany g80 and from the samples , it's got nice files. It also doesn't crop the 4k image like the pany's. But also like the gx85, it doesn't have mic input.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast