1. Collapse Details
    Letus Helix JR batteries -- Worth getting the regular battery or stick with Jr?
    Hello,

I use a Sony FS5 with a Letus Helix Jr gimbal.

I only have 1 battery for the gimbal, a Helix Jr. Juice Box.

The time has come for me to purchase a second battery because I am doing longer shoots while using the gimbal.

Is it worth getting another Helix Jr. Juice Box battery, or is it smarter to go with the regular Helix juice box?

Anybody with experience between the two batteries can compare them? I understand the regular is a little bit heavier, but should last longer...

2. Collapse Details
    You would have to rebalance if your second battery was bigger. I'd stick with the Jr battery. You can charge one while the other is in use.

3. Collapse Details
    I agree. That's what I do with my set-up. 2 batteries of identical size & weight is the way to go.

4. Collapse Details
    Thanks for the guidance.

Out of curiosity, about how long can you use your Letus Helix Jr with your FS5 setup before the gimbal runs out of juice?

For me, one Jr battery seems to range between 20-45 minutes of usage, depending on how intensive the movements are.

5. Collapse Details
    That seems really short? I use a movi m15 regularly and get a good few hours out of it.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Budgieboots View Post
    Thanks for the guidance.

Out of curiosity, about how long can you use your Letus Helix Jr with your FS5 setup before the gimbal runs out of juice?

For me, one Jr battery seems to range between 20-45 minutes of usage, depending on how intensive the movements are.
    Never really timed it but I reckon I must get (typically) at least 1.5 hrs per battery on my Letus Helix Jr with the Sony FS5...maybe even close to 2 hours. This is when using the FS5 stripped down and light lenses like the Canon 35mm F2 IS (via Metabones Speedbooster Ultra T) or the Sony G 18-105mm F4 kit lens. Maybe it'll be shorter with much heavier lenses.

7. Collapse Details
    I wish I had ordered the larger batteries from the start, but I do agree with having matching size batteries for weight reasons. Would be a pain to change balance constantly. I have also had a problem with my helix jr related to the power switch. I think there is a short or something that trick discharges the batteries even if they are almost full. I have developed a workaround of just disconnecting the battery and it does not do that. This may be my issue, but I think you should be getting more time that 20-45 minutes.