1. Collapse Details
    APS-C Zoom suggestions
    Hello Everyone,

I'm seriously thinking about selling my A7RII to get an A6500. I would gain 120fps in HD, an ideal weight for gimbals, Gamma Display Assist and grab some money back !
    As I shoot mostly video, an APS-C sensor is fine, and can work nicely for pictures too with the right lenses.

Then only things that bugs me is that I sometimes do photoshoots of events, and currently when I do, I use most of the time my Canon 24-70 2.8 L II which enables me to shoot most situations (and just sometimes use the Canon 100mm L 2.8 for macro or portraits).
    As I would go onto APS-C, how could I find an equivalent all-round zoom ? I've been looking without finding... The absolute ideal would be a 16-50 1.8 or something, but I don't think that exists.
    The best option seems the Sigma Art 18-35 1.8, which has a nice aperture but a bit of a short range.

Would you have any suggestions ?

Thank you in advance !

2. Collapse Details
    You can try the Canon 17-55 f2.8. I've never used it myself, but a lot of ppl that has says it's Canon L glass quality. And it has IS.

3. Collapse Details
    Canon 17-55 f/2.8 is probably the lens you want. Not sure how well the AF works via an adapter though.

I believe there is a big hole in the market for a cinevised ~17-50 APS-C lens in EF mount. It doesn't have to be a proper cinema lens, just take any of the existing photo lenses like the Canon 17-55, Tamron 17-50 etc, and give it a bigger body with nice smooth geared rings. No AF or IS needed. In fact, no electronics at all needed. Fujinon were close but will lose a lot of potential sales due to the fact it does not come in an EF mount. The first company to release a lens like this for $3000 will have a winner on their hands!
    VIDEO PRODUCER ON THE NSW NORTH COAST, AUSTRALIA
    Sony FS700 || Shogun Inferno
    Adobe CC 2018

4. Collapse Details
    Hello,

You're totally right I think, I forgot about this lens, and I used to have a Sigma 18-55 2.8 that was pretty decent too.
    I believe there would be a market to fill there indeed.

Thanks a lot !