1. Collapse Details
    Thought to be extinct, the Canon GL-1 spotted in the wild!
    Saw this at my wife's company party at AT&T Park in SF earlier today.

2. Collapse Details
    Wow, I'd forgotten how small those were.

Sometimes I miss the days where your camera and everything it needed would fit in a single Pelican 1550. And if you were running out of media midway through a shoot or a trip, you could duck into the corner store across the road and pick up another 5 hours worth of tapes for $15! These days, with cameras like the Cx100's FS5/7, etc, it seems impossible to turn up to even the simplest shoot without half a dozen Pelican roller cases and a fully loaded backpack. And this is just for the camera, not all the support gear to go with it.
    VIDEO PRODUCER ON THE NSW NORTH COAST, AUSTRALIA
    Sony FS700 | Shogun Inferno | Sony A7s
    Adobe CC 2015

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by deltoidjohn View Post
    Wow, I'd forgotten how small those were.

Sometimes I miss the days where your camera and everything it needed would fit in a single Pelican 1550. And if you were running out of media midway through a shoot or a trip, you could duck into the corner store across the road and pick up another 5 hours worth of tapes for $15! These days, with cameras like the Cx100's FS5/7, etc, it seems impossible to turn up to even the simplest shoot without half a dozen Pelican roller cases and a fully loaded backpack. And this is just for the camera, not all the support gear to go with it.
    Hmmm.....I do a good bit of remote shooting and I can pack two camera bodies, a few lenses, a laptop,
    batteries and chargers for cameras and laptop, enough cards to shoot 40 hours or more, audio gear,
    headphones, and lens cleaning supplies all in one backpack. When I show up in a small village, I have to be
    able to carry my cameras, lenses, laptop, tripods, audio and lighting all by myself......quite often I am walking
    from whatever little airstrip there is, to whatever location I have been able to scrounge up for lodging....and
    that might be the distance of a mile or so.

http://alaskacameradude.blogspot.com...l-gearbag.html