Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubble View Post
    Dan,

i use firefox. Let me try chrome to see if that make any different.
    I tried Chrome. Does not work either.

2. Collapse Details
    Slapshot Films
    Instagram - Facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Same DNxHD activation issue on my Mac OS X 10.12.5 using latest Chrome.

Also, there’s a Titan HD Extract activation code listed in my account but when I enter it on my 7Q+, it says Invalid Key.
    Last edited by bitnaut; 06-19-2017 at 06:43 AM. Reason: Added info about Titan HD
    --
    Ed Araquel - Photographer, SMPSP
    http://edaraquel.com
    Sony FS700, A7RII, A6500, Odyssey 7Q+.
    Instagram: @edaphotographer

4. Collapse Details
    Dear Friends,

We have two problems right now.

1. Many people are getting "You are not authorized to view this resource" when they click on the link to obtain the DNxHD activation code.

2. When we manually provide the DNxHD activation code, multiple users have informed us that there is a watermark (a gray bar) in the image on the monitor while recording and the gray bar is in the recorded footage.

We apologize for both issues.

Our engineers are working on Problem 2.

Our webmaster needs to correct Problem 1.

==============

At this time, I have this recommendation.

You may test the DNxHD code, just by selecting DNxHD in the Odyssey7Q or Odyssey7Q+ or Apollo setup menu.

There will be a permanent watermark in your images (the gray bar, so this is just for testing.)

As soon as we correct Problem 2, we will issue a new firmware version with the correction.

If you will be using DNxHD for production (generally, if either you or your clients use Avid), then please send your device's serial number to

CDSupport@convergent-design.com

We will respond with your DNxHD activation code.

And to be clear, it is very important not to use the DNxHD mode for productive work until we resolve the watermark issue.
    This is a permanent watermark and cannot be removed later.

Respectfully,

Dan Keaton

5. Collapse Details
    Hey Dan,
    Any reason to update ASAP if I'm shooting Sony Raw to a FS5? I am assuming no Slog3 support yet as it's not in the notes. Do we have a rough estimate for the addition of the Hlog coming next month to the Fs5?

6. Collapse Details
    Dear Derek,

We have updated/fixed certain things. I would recommend that you carefully read the Release notes, which I feel you have already done.

In your case, you could wait until we resolve this watermark issue.

Respectfully,

Dan Keaton
    Convergent Design

7. Collapse Details
    Dear Friends,

We have found the problem why some using our DNxHD mode get a gray bar in the monitor and in the footage.

This affected units with the DNxHD authorization code enabled, but without the Apollo Option enabled or running on an Apollo.

Regretfully, this was not found during our extensive testing, since our test units had both DNxHD and Apollo Options enabled, or we tested it on an Apollo.

Thus, most users of the DNxHD did not have Apollo Option enabled, so most users had this "gray bar" problem.

We have created a new firmware release to correct this problem.

We will send a link to the new firmware if you send an email to CDSupport@convergent-design.com

In addition, if you need to use our DNxHD support (typically those who use Avid or whose clients use Avid), please send your name and unit serial number via email to CDSupport@convergent-design.com

Respectfully,

Dan Keaton
    Convergent Design
    Last edited by Dan Keaton; 06-19-2017 at 05:57 PM.

8. Collapse Details
    I've been playing with the Titan feature. I'm noticing what appears to be raster/interlacing artifacts on almost horizontal lines in the image, for the HD frames. I'm not raising an error flag, as I understand the resolution decreases as the image is being electronically zoomed. But, I do wonder about the resizing algorithm being used because of the artifacts I'm seeing. I would expect a much more generic quantization type artifact instead of these horizontal lines that look like interlacing artifacts. My source footage is from a PMW-F5, shooting native 480XVAC progressive.

If this is, in fact, artifacts resulting from the electronic zoom in, I wonder if a future firmware might allow a sizing option for the HD windows. A smaller zoom factor than full HD would minimize the loss of resolution.

9. Collapse Details
    There's no resizing except for the A frame. That's taken from 4K to HD. The others are pixel-to-pixel cutouts in either 1080 or 720.
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager
    Panasonic Media Entertainment Corporation

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Gross View Post
    There's no resizing except for the A frame. That's taken from 4K to HD. The others are pixel-to-pixel cutouts in either 1080 or 720.
    I stand corrected. Still, I question the nature of the artifacts I'm seeing in the B and C frames, only. When I look at footage in an NLE(Resolve), taking care to cutout the area of focus; and, doing a pixel to pixel transformation to HD, it doesn't demonstrate these horizontal artifacts. It does lose some apparent resolution.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast