Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Keaton View Post
    Dear Parrot,

1. No, we support only 720p/1080p on Dual Monitor / Recording (No 2K support).

2. What are the issues with Varicam pure? Are you trying to record Raw from Varicam Pure via an Odyssey7Q or Odyssey7Q+?

3. We do not currently support ARRI 6G SDI output, but HD-SDI 3G Dual link should work fine for ARRI 4K UHD up to 30p, but we have not tested this in our lab yet.

I hope this helps.

Respectfully,

Dan Keaton
    Convergent Design
    The VariCam 35 and VariCam PURE output 4K as Quad-Link 3G-SDI. I believe the Odyssey doesn't accept this at frame rates other than 50p/60p.
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager
    Panasonic Media Entertainment Corporation

2. Collapse Details
    Is there any estimate for an update to work with HLG for the Sony RAW? Really interested to do some HDR content using the Odyssey. Also interested if full 120fps will work if the added license for the FS5 is purchased.

3. Collapse Details
    Dear Derek,

We want to support HLG, we are not ready to do so, and I do not have a timeframe yet.

If you have an FS5 or FS700 and our Raw Bundle, then we support 2K in 100, 120 fps, 200 and 240 fps continuously.

There is also a cached mode for 4K Apple ProRes at 100 fps and 120 fps. (This is a limited time recording due to the way the camera handles these modes internally.)

Respectfully,

Dan Keaton
    Convergent Design

4. Collapse Details
    Thanks Dan,
    I totally blanked that 120 at 2K is already there and I guess this new update doesn't add 4K 120 on the output. Look forward to the HLG update whenever it may be. Currently makes more sense to shoot 4K 10bit Slog2 on the 7Q and grade for HDR than shoot internal 8 bit HLG.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345