1. Collapse Details
    Help me find the right camera
    Hello,
    I'm in need and hope you can help.
    I plan on filming some soccer games and am going to use an elevated tripod.
    I will be using an external monitor that will be approx 8 feet from the camera. So I need a camera that has an HDMI output and the On Screen Display also showed on the external monitor.
    I really don't need all the information on the screen, mainly Record light and possibly remaining battery and record time and iris.
    I'd like to stay in the prosumer market ( I'm on a low budget for these projects) I'd like 4K but would settle for HD.
    Some games are going to be low light, not pro soccer teams just trying to capture local club team, so good in low light is also essential.
    I would love to hear from any one that has an idea. I am open to any suggestions
    Cheers'
    Tony
    "The Vision of my Failure was Overshadowed by the Blindness of my Excitement "

2. Collapse Details
    Guessing you need a fixed zoom lens cam with 50/60fps for sports?
    could pick up a used HMC150 cheap, great cam but low light ability is not so great and no 4K option, codecs not so strong.
    AC160 is the upgraded version of the HMC, better low light and longer zoom range but again no 4K option,
    I went from an HMC to an AC and both are great cams for run and gun work with a nice image.
    DVX200 is probably best choice due to larger sensor and best low light of the 3, no experience of that one so couldn't tell you more than that,
    I don't know if there's any fixed lens cams in the prosumer range that can offer really good low light images, others might have better info.
    If you can work without a servo zoom and your tripod mounted then I would go for a GH4 with an Olympus 40-150mm constant f2.8, could probably pick up the cam/lens for approx 1000, 1080p/50 or 60fps/422 codec/4K (i think its a 10 bit signal internally but could be wrong)

3. Collapse Details
    Thanks for that.
    I will start looking into those suggestions.
    "The Vision of my Failure was Overshadowed by the Blindness of my Excitement "

4. Collapse Details
    I use HMC150s for sports and as TubEfingers said the AG AC160 is another option. The 160 can record 1080 at 60P whereas the 150 can only do 720 at 60P (1080 is 30P).
    However the 150 has global shutter so you don't get distorted images like you do from rolling shutter cameras.
    The 150 only has a 13X zoom wheras the 160 has a huge 22X.
    As mentioned above, neither are 4K. But the new UX180 is sort of a new and improved 160 and it does do 4KUHD at 60P plus will be better at low light than both the 160 and 150.
    If it were me, I'd either use the 150 if HD is good enough, or spring for the 180.
    Also, there is a cheaper version of the UX180 called the HC-X1, which is almost identical. However, I understand the 180 and HC-X1 both have some latency on the LCD and output so that may be an issue shooting fast action.
    Last edited by firehawk; 06-18-2017 at 08:21 PM.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by shellant View Post
    Hello,
    I'm in need and hope you can help.
    I plan on filming some soccer games and am going to use an elevated tripod.
    I will be using an external monitor that will be approx 8 feet from the camera. So I need a camera that has an HDMI output and the On Screen Display also showed on the external monitor.
    I really don't need all the information on the screen, mainly Record light and possibly remaining battery and record time and iris.
    I'd like to stay in the prosumer market ( I'm on a low budget for these projects) I'd like 4K but would settle for HD.
    Some games are going to be low light, not pro soccer teams just trying to capture local club team, so good in low light is also essential.
    I would love to hear from any one that has an idea. I am open to any suggestions
    Cheers'
    Tony

Absolutely no reason I can see from what you shared to seek out a 4K camera. I shoot content for tv networks and rarely is that content in 4K. A worldwide sports tv network still uses 720 video.

If you give us an idea as to your budget we can better make suggestions. Buying a pre-owned camera will allow you to get more for your money.
    Big sources matter.