1. Collapse Details
    Oflloading 5DIV video shot on CF cards
    Hoping someone has experience with this and knows a solution. When I shoot 1080P video on my 5DIV I have the option of shooting on my SD or CF card. The SD card works beautifully and I can offload the footage by simply putting the SD card in a card reader. The CF cards however, require me to use the camera as a card reader and furthermore offload using EOS utility. This is not only slower and annoying but I have to continue the process when my camera batter dies.

It's for this reason that I try to Shoot on SD, however, the camera defaults to CF and unfortuantly I often forget to switch it back.

Question....Is there a way for my card reader to read the CF card so that I can offload using explorer?

(i'm on PC, windows 10)
    Cameras: Sony FS7, Canon 5D IV, Canon 5D II, Canon 60D, Canon G16, Canon Rebel XT, GoPro Hero 3+ Black Edition, GoPro Hero 3+ Black Edition, GoPro Hero 3+ Black Edition, GoPro Hero 3+ Black Edition, GoPro Hero 3+ Black Edition, GoPro Hero 3+ Black Edition, Canon XL2, iPhone 4, iPhone 6, Ricoh KR-10, Fed-2, Fujica Half Frame, Canon ZR-100, Sony DCR-TRV 310.

2. Collapse Details
    Your card reader doesn't work with your CF cards? Maybe a broken pin? (assuming it's compatible with CF cards)

You should be able to use it in the same way as the SD card and card reader.

3. Collapse Details
    or just buy a CF Reader

4. Collapse Details
    Either:
    a) buy a CF card reader, or
    b) don't put a CF card in the camera, so it cannot default to the CF card.
    VIDEO PRODUCER ON THE NSW NORTH COAST, AUSTRALIA
    Sony FS700 | Shogun Inferno | Sony A7s
    Adobe CC 2015

5. Collapse Details
    Sorry if I wasnt clear. I tried several CF card readers, none work with the CF cards when formatted on the 5D IV. I believe it has something to do with it being formatted to exfat. I could take the CF card out, however I use it as JPEG backups wheb shooting raw stills onto the sd card so I always just leave both in the camera. Also, when shooting mjpeg (4k) on the 5D IV, it requires CF cards of a certain speed so I dont have the option of shooting to SD for that.
    Cameras: Sony FS7, Canon 5D IV, Canon 5D II, Canon 60D, Canon G16, Canon Rebel XT, GoPro Hero 3+ Black Edition, GoPro Hero 3+ Black Edition, GoPro Hero 3+ Black Edition, GoPro Hero 3+ Black Edition, GoPro Hero 3+ Black Edition, GoPro Hero 3+ Black Edition, Canon XL2, iPhone 4, iPhone 6, Ricoh KR-10, Fed-2, Fujica Half Frame, Canon ZR-100, Sony DCR-TRV 310.

6. Collapse Details
    You can shoot 4K onto SDXC cards -- I use Sandisk UHS-I U3, Class 10.

Not sure what's going on with your CF cards/setup though.

Both work the same way here...but I use a Mac.

7. Collapse Details
    Weird. Never had a problem dumping footage off the CF card from my 5d4 via external card reader(Lexar Proffessional CF/SD) to ext. hdd. I'm on a Mac, but I don't think that should matter in this regard.

This may or may not have anything to do with your problem. Something I stumbled across when I first got my F55 is that I believe it uses exFAT because of the large file sizes and when I tried to copy cards to a drive, I couldn't unless the drive was formatted exFAT(or Mac), because the individual file sizes can exceed the 4GB FAT limit. I know you said you have been successful with the camera and EOS Utility, but maybe it's possible that it's breaking the file sizes down or doing something else to allow greater than 4GB files to be copied to non-exFat drives. Just spit-balling...