Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Premier Pro fix for GH5 10 bit to be released "very shortly."
    https://forums.adobe.com/message/9642312#9642312

text of message:

We wanted to update you on the current status of the Media Cache workflow.

We have an update to Premiere Pro CC 2017.1 (11.1.x) in the pipeline that will be released very shortly. It will include additional measures to safeguard the Media Cache workflow beyond whatís already released with 11.1.1. Itís an update highly recommended by the Premiere Pro team.

The most important change is that only media cache files of a known file type (such as *.pek, *.ims and *.cfa) will be deleted according to the cache management preference. The folders they are in will remain on the system. Additionally, the Media Cache management will be off by default Ė a lot of users have requested to switch to an opt-in model, and thatís what itís going to be moving forward.

This next update will also include a number of performance improvements and bug fixes in other areas, and it will include support for the 10 bit formats of the Panasonic GH-5.

Stay tuned for more info which weíll post to the blog:
    https://blogs.adobe.com/creativeclou...c/?segment=dva

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    Today weíre releasing an update for Premiere Pro CC 2017. The 11.1.2 update contains important bug fixes as well as performance improvements. It also adds support for the 10 bit formats of the Panasonic GH-5.
    https://blogs.adobe.com/creativeclou...y-recommended/

3. Collapse Details
    It seems to work now in the latest version.

However 8 bit full range video from the Panasonic is still interpreted as Rec.601 by Premiere Pro. 10 bit full range works OK and is correctly interpreted as Rec.709.
    Last edited by Cary Knoop; 06-14-2017 at 08:41 AM.

4. Collapse Details
    Thanks for the report, Cary. Can you tell me specifically:

For 8-bit full range video from the Panasonic, is it interpreted with the BT.601 matrix just for MP4? What I remember from my testing is that MOV files were interpreted with the proper BT.709 matrix and the problem was only for MP4 files.

For 10-bit full range video files, are they now interpreted as full range? MP4 and MOV? In previous versions of Premiere, they were interpreted as video levels instead of full range.

Same question for 6k photo mode files.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by balazer View Post
    Thanks for the report, Cary. Can you tell me specifically:

For 8-bit full range video from the Panasonic, is it interpreted with the BT.601 matrix just for MP4? What I remember from my testing is that MOV files were interpreted with the proper BT.709 matrix and the problem was only for MP4 files.
    You are correct, the MOV files are interpreted correctly. It is interesting because for both the MP4 and MOV containers the pixel format is described as yuvj420p.

Quote Originally Posted by balazer View Post
    For 10-bit full range video files, are they now interpreted as full range? MP4 and MOV? In previous versions of Premiere, they were interpreted as video levels instead of full range.
    Not sure what you mean. The way Premiere works is that it scales both legal video levels and full range into float 0..1. With a result that BTB and WTW for video levels can be resp. negative and > 1, which is a good thing!
    However unfortunately many operations in Premiere still clip data outside of 0..1.

I did test the 10bit levels of V-Log-L with MP4 and they are correct in Premiere.
    Last edited by Cary Knoop; 06-14-2017 at 12:26 PM.

6. Collapse Details
    Yeah, Premiere's handling of levels is inconsistent with almost every other NLE out there as I've recently discovered with my LUTs in Resolve, which I've just migrated to.

I much prefer Resolve's way of allowing you to assign the levels at the clip itself.

I'll be updating my LUTs to fix this inconsistency soon, as it means a lot of non-Premiere users have actually been having their levels clipped by the LUT when it shouldn't be.

It's one of many reasons I'm kicking Premiere to the curb going forward (subscription ad infinitum being another).

Cheers,

Paul
    Paul Leeming
    Writer/Director/Cinematographer/Actor
    Visceral Psyche Films

www.visceralpsyche.com

Mobile NL: +31 (0)6 2095 2590
    Mobile JP: +81 (0)80 8439 4635
    Twitter:
    @visceralpsyche

Facebook: Paul Leeming

Epic-X #135 DRAGON & GH5 w/ EF Metabones Speed Booster

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by visceralpsyche View Post
    I much prefer Resolve's way of allowing you to assign the levels at the clip itself.
    Yes, that offers great flexibility.

But it comes with a bit more work because Resolve is not very good at interpreting the correct levels.
    For instance GH5 V-Log L is incorrectly interpreted at video levels so one needs to explicitly set clips to data levels.

8. Collapse Details
    This is odd. I shot a 4K 10bit commercial with the GH5 on Monday and edited it just fine in Premiere yesterday (before the update) with no problems.
    I shot in VLOG at 30fps 4K 10bit. Wonder why I didn't have any trouble?

9. Collapse Details
    Perhaps someone could help me with a quick question.

I recently downloaded some GH5, 10-bit footage (as described by the poster) and quickly brought it into adobe premiere pro CS6 to find it playback with absolutely no problem.

Am I crazy? Or is something else at play here? Is this a problem that only affects CC?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2393063/
    Actor
    Musician
    Filmmaker

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by PaPa View Post
    Perhaps someone could help me with a quick question.

I recently downloaded some GH5, 10-bit footage (as described by the poster) and quickly brought it into adobe premiere pro CS6 to find it playback with absolutely no problem.

Am I crazy? Or is something else at play here? Is this a problem that only affects CC?

Same here! See my reply directly above yours. So confused. LOL

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast