Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Alternatively, try this:

https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/ma...grade-3581872/

PS - while this might be a great stop-gap, FCP 7 hasn't been updated for nearly a decade, and you might enjoy the perks of moving to a new editing platform. FWIW I'd pick Windows 10 + Resolve over Mac OS & FCP 7 anyday. And with dual boot, you could always just make Windows 10 your "work" station and dual boot back to OSX for all the fun Mac perks, which I tend to enjoy more on the consumer end of things. You can also utilize MacDrive and NTFS 3G fuse for cross disk compatibility, and the exFAT drive format. Depending on what applications you use in tandem with your NLE, though, I'd probably want to recommend a personal roadmap to fully commit to one OS - at least in terms of work/play. It's not THAT hard to work over 2 OSes these days with all the tools available, but it's also definitely ideal to consolidate everything into one.
    Last edited by filmguy123; 02-13-2018 at 11:34 AM.

2. Collapse Details
    I had Creative Cloud for years long before the subscriber model first emerged. I was working for a publishing/media company at the time and I used InDesign every day, Premiere and Audition less so. I have a PC but lately it has been choking and gagging on the incessant Windows 10 updates. When it was time to renew CC for another year, I concluded keeping Premiere for the sole purpose of editing AVCHD footage was an unnecessary cost. I did all my other editing on FCP7. Unfortunately, expiration of my subscription and my terrible experience with High Sierra happened almost simultaneously leaving me with FCPX (for which I have zero proficiency) and Resolve (which I had never used either but at least it seemed vastly more learnable in a short time) on my PC. How do I deal with the fact that the one editing program which I know something about is now gone? Yes, I could nuke my Mac and restore it with an older OS, but that is such a drastic and annoying prospect to relicense all the other software, etc.

PITA. A cautionary tale to anyone considering upgrading to High Sierra. There is all kinds of software that won't run on the new OS. I found out too late.

I think you're absolutely right that it is important to go with a platform that matters to the provider.

3. Collapse Details
    Unless you have a need for High Sierra you should be able to roll back to an OS that works with FCP7. You may need to uninstall your software and backup before doing so, and then reinstall after the OS is installed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12