Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 64
  1. Collapse Details
    #11
    Mod v2.0 Noel Evans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    10,864
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by Milan O. View Post
    Mitch, I mentioned this to Luc Bara in January and since this feature doesn't seem to be enabled in the new FW I ask for it again because it would be very useful and should be very easy for Panasonic to do:

    One of the user programmable buttons can be set to activate the six user buttons on the control panel. The problem is that they only work if that user button is pressed. That makes sense if the control panel is in it's "control mode" (or whatever it's called) but if it's set to "view" those buttons aren't doing anything. My suggestion is that those buttons are activated automatically (if one makes that choice) when in "view mode" so that one can access false colour, focus assitance and such with just a single button and also deactivate them the same way.
    Like that idea. Would be handy.

    On the update a few days ago, I was much happier with the restart process after making resolution / frequency / codec changes.
    w: Noel Evans TV

    e: noel@noelevans.tv
    p: +61 (0) 408 455 374


    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
    #12
    Default
    I have three features requests that I can immediately think of.

    A) The first is an audio related feature that will help documentary/live event shooters:

    When the sound mixer sends only a mono feed to the camera, right now only a mono L or R track will be recorded onto the video file. Would it be possible to route the mono inputs (whether it comes in from Input 1, 2, 3 or 4) to both Channel 1 & 2 respectively, as opposed to how the menu is setup now where CH1 CH2 CH3 CH4 IN SEL is paired in exclusive sets of (1,2) and (3,4). This way a dual mono stereo image will be recorded onto the video files instead of just a L or R mono, which when played back will be output from both L & R channel speaker.

    B) The second feature is related to the USER SW1 & SW2 assignable buttons.

    It appears to me that the programming team has forgotten to include EXPAND 2 in the list of assignable functions for the EVF. If we have both EXPAND 1 & EXPAND 2 then we can assign two levels of focus zooms to the EVF user-programmable buttons. Surprisingly EXPAND 1 & EXPAND 2 options are available for the hand-grip control buttons, but missing for the EVF.

    C) The third feature request is with respect to aspect ratios. Once we select a certain aspect ratio, would it be possible to have an option which can enable recording video files with only the data for that aspect ratio and not the full sensor data. This will help reduce data size of recorded files (if we so wish)

    Q. I noticed that the 2K RAW output is capped at 10bit only at this moment. Is 12bit possible for 240fps or does that present a hardware limitation for data throughput from the 3G SDI? It makes me wonder if the Varicam LT only designed with dual 3G SDI (which was introduced in 2006) and not 6G/12G (which were introduced by IEEE in March 2015) and the Varicam LT was released to the market in March 2016, how long before its release was the camera in development that the design team had to use 3G SDI into its hardware design?

    If I can think of anything else will write another post with all the extra suggestions. I concur with all the suggestions put forward by the rest of the users here:

    - Activation of button control during "View" mode
    - Enhanced guide bars/lines with black bars.
    Last edited by Ashok.Vardhan; 06-21-2017 at 05:35 PM.


    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
    #13
    Senior Member jaypass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    172
    Default
    I think this has been brought up before, but I'd love a HFR option that doesn't require crop mode. Any kind of pixel binning or line skipping or whatever would be fine by me...Doesn't even have to go all the way to 240. Just being able to do some 120fps in 1080 without having to go into crop mode would be great.


    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
    #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1
    Default
    absolutely agree!
    120fps in full frame would really be handy. i think the noise/softness in cropped footage is a little too much at present.
    I have spoken with panasonic about this and they have said pixal binning would require putting a new olpf filter in overtime to shoot in that resolution.
    Perhaps compression could work?
    Sony FS7 does a good job and it is really my only serious ask for the LT.... this is a great camera, c'mon Panasonic!

    anton


    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
    #15
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by antonfp View Post
    absolutely agree!
    120fps in full frame would really be handy. i think the noise/softness in cropped footage is a little too much at present.
    I have spoken with panasonic about this and they have said pixal binning would require putting a new olpf filter in overtime to shoot in that resolution.
    Perhaps compression could work?
    Sony FS7 does a good job and it is really my only serious ask for the LT.... this is a great camera, c'mon Panasonic!

    anton
    I would even be happy with 80 or 100fps as long as it's full frame.


    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
    #16
    Default
    I think the engineers are reluctant to do this because of the artifacts that get introduced. Everyone who's not an engineer and uses the camera believes this to be a price worth paying. Sensor cropping is sh*t for other reasons! Please give us full frame slow motion asap!


    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
    #17
    Senior Member Run&Gun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    3,640
    Default
    The option to turn off the eye sensor on the VF so that it stays ON constantly, so that you don't have to cover it with a piece of tape. It takes way too long for it to "wake-up" everytime you stick your eye back in the VF.


    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
    #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Holllywood, California
    Posts
    117
    Default
    You can disable the sleep mode via firmware.
    I just recently got mine to start sleeping.
    But I agree the wake-up time is pretty long. Would be nice if they could improve that.


    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
    #19
    Senior Member Run&Gun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    3,640
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Derrick View Post
    You can disable the sleep mode via firmware.
    I just recently got mine to start sleeping.
    But I agree the wake-up time is pretty long. Would be nice if they could improve that.
    Good to know. I have a demo unit and I doubt it's running the latest firmware. The OLED VF on my 55 responds pretty much instantaneously.


    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
    #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    1
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by Milan O. View Post
    Mitch, I mentioned this to Luc Bara in January and since this feature doesn't seem to be enabled in the new FW I ask for it again because it would be very useful and should be very easy for Panasonic to do:

    One of the user programmable buttons can be set to activate the six user buttons on the control panel. The problem is that they only work if that user button is pressed. That makes sense if the control panel is in it's "control mode" (or whatever it's called) but if it's set to "view" those buttons aren't doing anything. My suggestion is that those buttons are activated automatically (if one makes that choice) when in "view mode" so that one can access false colour, focus assitance and such with just a single button and also deactivate them the same way.
    I like that also!! And can they give the dial knob,when in view-mode, the ability to change the iris of the lens. Implement this and it is the ultimate Wildlife-camera!


    Reply With Quote
     

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •