1. Collapse Details
    Looking to rent two Shogun Flames
    Director of Photography
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hiya:

Need two Atomos Shogun Flame units for two separate, non-consecutive days over next few weeks. Need (2) 240 GB cards each, plus p-tap power cable. Can provide production insurance. DM me with a quote.
    Charles Papert
    charlespapert.com

2. Collapse Details
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'm sure you know and maybe just looking for an easy local rental, but they are super cheap online (ie LensRentals).

$130 for 7 days (per unit)...less if you happen to work it out where you'll use it within 3-4 days.

3. Collapse Details
    Director of Photography
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Not really worth it in this instance, as we need to rent them daily, with a week or two inbetween days. I forgot to mention the shoot was in Los Angeles. Production is dealing with it but I thought I'd give it a try to see if I anyone in this community was interested. Rental houses have them (and Odyssey 7Q's) for bizarrely high rates considering their purchase cost.
    Charles Papert
    charlespapert.com

4. Collapse Details
    Feedback Score
    I've seen people do that before on relatively inexpensive gear(and raked over the coals myself). Their "philosophy" was it wasn't a "tough" piece of gear, in high-demand or expensive so they were basically trying to cover the cost in four rentals. My specific story was a mini-HD cam(before the days of go-pros). I was so mad when I received the bill, I had words with the "boss" and went and bought my own. Never rented a single piece of gear from them again.