Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Collapse Details
    The EVA-1 is growing on me, the more I look at it, the better it looks! I just wish it had optional lens mount to EF.
    Last edited by Denny16; 06-14-2017 at 11:37 PM.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    just watched the live presentation - I'm interested, a lovely built in codec, no messing with external recorders, 4K up to 60p 400Mbits/sec and at $7999, lets see what the European price is.
    Everything involving the pig is above board.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Denny16 View Post
    The EVA-1 is growing on me, the more I look at it, the better it looks! I just wish it had optional lens mount to EF.
    Yes. I suppose the changeable mount on the VariCam (which is a fantastic option) is only reserved for the 'Cine' camera. The EVA is a prosumer camera, really.

4. Collapse Details
    Wex photographic (UK) are showing £8999 pre-order:
    http://www.wexphotographic.com/panas...amera-1629312/

That's used Alexa territory:
    ARRI Alexa Classic/EV, ProRes, 4071 hours Run Time, £8495, ebay.co.uk

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

5. Collapse Details
    It half surprises me the number of people talking about a C200 over an EVA.

As it is a no brainer choice. The C200 is an extremely limited camera that can **ONLY** do raw, why would you ever want to live with that restriction??? (if you ignore its crippled 8bit internal codec. Plus never mind about the future codec addition next, the camera marketplace will be a whole new ballgame by then!)

Go for the waaaaaaaay more fuller featured EVA1!

The EVA1 is a swiss army knife, packed full of handy tools.

The C200 is just a plain old knife, with one purpose.

6. Collapse Details
    The Blackmagic crowd went through this with the Ursa Mini when it first came out, so see of the PL version, could be adapted back to a dumb EF or Nikon mount, Ilya at HotRod Cameras Gabe it a go, and it was a non-starter, didn't work. BM's solution was the Ursa Mini Prom with a factory designed interchangeable lens mount including the longer Canon EF, Nikon and PL mounts, along with the B4 mount (48mm). Panasonic needs to take the same approach BM did with the UM Pro) with the EVA-1, adding factory designed interchangeable mounts in the same range. MFT and Sony E mount are non-starters for the EVA-1, unfortunately.
    Cheers
    Exactly!

And another lesson you can take from what BMD did is:

BMD released first the BMCC EF, because they saw the popularity of the EF mount (like Panasonic is unfortunately doing with the EVA1...).

But then BMD realised their mistake and quickly also released the much better BMCC MFT! Hooray.

Quote Originally Posted by Run&Gun View Post
    I would go as far as saying that Sony set the bar with the FZ mount. I've been "blasted" a few times when I've called out Panasonics design with the VariCam LT swappable mount. My opinion, you shouldn't have to use tools to swap a camera mount in the field. Several people have said how quick and easy it is to swap the LT mount and I've watched videos of it being done. Bottom line, it's still many times slower and more cumbersome than swapping mounts on Sony's FZ system. It's literally seconds to take off and put on a Sony mount. It's kind of like the difference of trying to open a door by popping the hinges off with a hammer and screwdriver vs. just turning the doorknob.
    Hahaha! I like that analogy!
    And as a Sony FZ mount camera owner, I agree.

7. Collapse Details
    The only real lens options for this camera, are the Canon EF "Pro" Cine zooms (starting at $26K)and a few less expensive, slow (T/4) Prosummer Cine style zooms starting at $6K, and six prime Cine lenses starting at $4K.

I'd rather use the Fujinon 18-55, which is available for MFT mount. And a fraction of the cost!
    (and the Fujinon 50-135)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234