1. Collapse Details
    Mysterious Mount
    Dear community,
    I posted a few days ago in regards to the need of a zoom lens with very peculiar characteristics for a specific project I'm about to be shooting.
    Good news is, I found the ideal candidate.
    Bad news, on the other hand, is that the mount it comes in is unknown to even the seller himself.
    It looks like a proto-PL, some very early stage cine mount. However, I can't really say for sure, as I honestly don't have much of a clue.
    I included a picture of it down below, and was hoping for any of you guys to recognise it and enlighten me on what it might be.
    And also, most importantly, I'd like to know if you reckon it might be adaptable to PL in any way.
    Thank you very much for your kindness.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Collapse Details
    More pictures of the lens might help, but could it be a B3/B4 video mount? Someone has obviously worked on it, spanner marks on the retaining ring.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_E View Post
    More pictures of the lens might help, but could it be a B3/B4 video mount? Someone has obviously worked on it, spanner marks on the retaining ring.
    Dear Greg, I will include more pictures here below. The lens is an Angenieux zoom that I never heard of before, but it's back-focused and covers the range required (something like 15x). I contacted the seller and have the option of going to inspect the lens in person. However, I won't be able to run tests with it on the spot, but to only inspect the condition of the glass. Judging by the pictures, do you reckon it would cover a 2K windowed sensor without vignetting? Also, I was thinking: if it turned out to be B4, I could potentially adapt it to EF and connect it to a Canon 2x teleconverter. That would supposedly turn it into a 19-284 utilisable in full frame mode (or would it not?), which means that theoretically I could turn it into a 38-568 @ 2K digital S16. With a range like the latter, vignetting shouldn't be an issue. Or am I wrong? Your advice would be much appreciated. Thank you very much.

Screen Shot 2017-05-26 at 20.26.39.jpgScreen Shot 2017-05-26 at 20.26.25.jpg

4. Collapse Details
    Btw, front diameter of the lens is 80mm, according to the seller. I don't know if it would help, but that sums up all the information that I currently possess about the lens.

5. Collapse Details
    That is a lens in one mount with a mount adapter stuck to the back. The really big ring is where the lens attaches to the mount adapter. These are almost definitely some very old video standard lens mounts, possibly Phillips or RCA. You will not find anything compatible. The lens itself is not likely to be all that great optically, and the coverage is probably quite small, maybe an image circle of 11 or 12mm. It's possible that it is for one of the old 1" sensors, but I really have no idea.

The cost to adapt this lens to do much of anything for you will be extremely cost-prohibitive. Especially if the current owner doesn't have a clue as to what he has in hand. If you're lucky that adapter lets you put it on a 2/3" camera, but forget about PL then. I seriously doubt that this lens would cover a large sensor.
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager
    Panasonic System Solutions Company

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.