Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickbaldwin View Post
    I agree with everything you say but I thought the OP said he didn't have any flash? It is possible to do this with a speedlight or similar, it doesn't have to be a mains powered monoblock because the amounts of flash used are quite small.
    The Vivitar 283 with manual control wheel which can be found in Cashconverters for 9 - it is bright and within the budget of most people who occasionally have a coffee.

I use..

Small: Vivitar 283
    Medium: QFlash
    Large: Elinchrom 500

All very dated now and cheap.

More costly is I drive them with Pocket Wizards but in my yoof used $10 synch cables.

S

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by morgan_moore View Post
    The Vivitar 283 with manual control wheel which can be found in Cashconverters for 9 - it is bright and within the budget of most people who occasionally have a coffee.

I use..

Small: Vivitar 283
    Medium: QFlash
    Large: Elinchrom 500

All very dated now and cheap.

More costly is I drive them with Pocket Wizards but in my yoof used $10 synch cables.

S
    Yes. I use Nikon Speedlights and Elinchrom 500's on often minimum power. The 500 Elinchroms are very cheap secondhand now. You just have to remember to dump the charge if it hasn't been flashed for a few minutes or you can get an inconsistent discharge due to it being a 400 year old design!

3. Collapse Details
    Thank you all, again.

Sorry for the confusion. I have two cameras Sony A7Sii, A6000 and two flashes - Sony HVL-43M. That info got lost earlier up in the thread.

I misunderstood thinking that if I used Photoshop CC then I could work directly with the camera files,
    or
    instead if I took an extra step and used a DNG converter then I could work with Photoshop CS6.

So it sounds like to do the earlier described method I have to use Photoshop CC.
    Or.. maybe use lightroom 6 which supports RAW with my A6000 only to accomplish the same thing?

So maybe it's either do the A6000 LR6 PS6 combo or use the A7Sii and give into the Creative Cloud.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by firehawk View Post
    Thank you all, again.

Sorry for the confusion. I have two cameras Sony A7Sii, A6000 and two flashes - Sony HVL-43M. That info got lost earlier up in the thread.

I misunderstood thinking that if I used Photoshop CC then I could work directly with the camera files,
    or
    instead if I took an extra step and used a DNG converter then I could work with Photoshop CS6.

So it sounds like to do the earlier described method I have to use Photoshop CC.
    Or.. maybe use lightroom 6 which supports RAW with my A6000 only to accomplish the same thing?

So maybe it's either do the A6000 LR6 PS6 combo or use the A7Sii and give into the Creative Cloud.
    If Lightroom 6 is the latest version, I don't use it so I don't know,then I'm pretty sure it would have the same functionality as CC and if you convert the A7sll files to dng they would go into Lightroom happily as well.
    Doesn't Lightroom 6 support the A7sll?

5. Collapse Details
    As I understand , Lightroom 6.0 is the last standalone version before they went to CC. Lightroom 6.3(?) supports the A7sii but it is CCloud so native support for the a7sii is a no go unless I do the cloud. But LRoom 6.0 supports the A6000.
    And maybe I can convert A7Sii files to dng and use Lightroom 6.0?
    So maybe I can work around this without doing the Ccloud
    Last edited by firehawk; 05-27-2017 at 04:13 PM.

6. Collapse Details
    Good luck. Let us know how you get on.

7. Collapse Details
    I got a spam email from silkypix the other day - the first to support raw in my Kodak slrn (look that up!) - anyway them or camera bits or someone might support your camera without going subscription.

8. Collapse Details
    Thanks again guys. I never thought of a third party solution. I started looking and found Capture One for Sony.
    Looking into it now. Maybe that will allow me to use the newer Sony cameras such as A7sii. It's on their list

9. Collapse Details
    C1 is excellent.. but I dont know if you can merge two frames.

My oldschool method is to export a bunch of frames and stack them up in PShop (5.5) and then delete zones using layer masks

S

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123