Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details
    It wasn't a smart action and not one of my brightest moments.
    Normally I just change the settings from Cine IE to Custom with one menu step with all other settings unchanged. (but this time they were changed)
    Most of the shooting was outside and I had only a few shots inside. Changed the setting and started. And that is were it happened.
    Producer, publisher. Bad English? Hey, the US president makes misspellings too.

2. Collapse Details
    I've been very impressed with playback and feature in Resolve 14 too. I'm planning on doing the studio upgrade to unlock everything including noise reduction soon. Especially since my CC just went up to $50 a month.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by bengiles View Post

Rough guide nicked from Abelcine, based on FS100, here:

Attachment 123672
    The problem with this chart - and in my mind the whole problem with using ISO instead of gain on the FS7 is that for the same level of gain the ISO can vary enormously as you change the gamma and I find that very confusing. This chart doesn't reflect that at all.
    Usually the reason I care about gain is that I want to know how much noise I'm adding to the image and in custom because the image is so noise free, I want an easy way to change the gain for exposure , lens and depth of field choice. Using gain makes that simple but ISO just makes me totally nuts.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekDock View Post
    I've been very impressed with playback and feature in Resolve 14 too. I'm planning on doing the studio upgrade to unlock everything including noise reduction soon. Especially since my CC just went up to $50 a month.
    Just quit CC for a month and recieve offer to get 40% off the next year.

I did in march. Tried to use DR 12 as editing program but honestly, it really sucked for editing. Cant wait to try 14 but with cheap CC, i stayed with Adobe. I have some text plugins for AE and i vastly prefer PPro to edit with. Why learn something new just to save small money.

5. Collapse Details
    Years Ago I switched from Quarck Xpress to Pagemaker/Indesign. Adobe beated market leader Quarck Xpress, the same is happening with Adobe CC now, only it is Davinci taking over the lead. The speed they innovate and make Resolve better is astonishing. It is still buggy but not as bad as premiere pro CC.
    Last edited by Publimix; 05-24-2017 at 04:12 AM.
    Producer, publisher. Bad English? Hey, the US president makes misspellings too.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123