Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: Best Dual Pixel AF + 1080@60p + ISO Performance // 1DXii, 5Div, 80D, 77D???
    Which of the these (1DXii, 5Div, 80D, 77D) gives the best performance in these three areas:

- Dual Pixel AF
    - 1080@60p (I don't need the 4K @ 60p of the 1DXii due to the file immense size as I do events).
    - ISO Performance

I'm coming from Sony and Panasonic, although these have excellent sharpness and great codecs they lack in AF video performance (compared to Dual Pixel AF).

My goal is to be able to do slow motion and not worry about focusing or iso noise (since the shutter automatically goes up).

I know that Dual Pixel AF overall is the best AF in the business, however I also need good FHD@60p and ISO performance to go along with it.

I have the funds to get one of these cameras (not all unfortunately). So which should I get?

2. Collapse Details
    THe 1DxII will have the best ISO performance. The 5DIV is only a stop worse (still really good) and Canon will release C-Log for it in July.
    Cameras: Sony FS7, Canon 5D IV, Canon 5D II, Canon 60D, Canon G16, Canon Rebel XT, GoPro Hero 3+ Black Edition, GoPro Hero 3+ Black Edition, GoPro Hero 3+ Black Edition, GoPro Hero 3+ Black Edition, GoPro Hero 3+ Black Edition, GoPro Hero 3+ Black Edition, Canon XL2, iPhone 4, iPhone 6, Ricoh KR-10, Fed-2, Fujica Half Frame, Canon ZR-100, Sony DCR-TRV 310.

3. Collapse Details
    I haven't tried 1080 60p on my 1DX II, but regular 24p at 1080 looks blurry. My guess is 60p looks blurry, too.

However, the 1DX II 4K 60p downrezzed to HD looks absolutely incredible. But, yes, the file sizes are enormous.
    Jaime VallÚs
    AJV Media
    Video, Photography & Graphic Design: www.ajvmedia.com

4. Collapse Details
    HD on these cameras simply isn't good, so if you're not interested in shooting 4K/60p on the 1DX Mark II (CFast) and working with that in post, just get one of the cheaper cams (although ISO performance will be worse in the 80D and 77D vs. the 5D Mark IV).

5. Collapse Details
    What about the 1DC? Is it still worth getting it over a 5d iv? I know it doesn't have DPAF but I hear the 1080p on that camera is amazing.

6. Collapse Details
    Definitely usable 1080p on the 1DC in the S35mm mode, but $5K is not worth it IMO.

Sometimes it goes on sale for $3,999 at random times in the year. B&H is the only one who has it brand new in stock (in the US at least). Can also get it used of course.

If it ever drops below $2K - maybe $3K - it would be great.

7. Collapse Details
    Yea I agree. For a grand more you can get 4K 60p with the 1dx mk ii. I don't understand why canon still has it at $5k. It's definitely overpriced.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by torresfilms View Post
    What about the 1DC? Is it still worth getting it over a 5d iv? I know it doesn't have DPAF but I hear the 1080p on that camera is amazing.
    Yes I've shot with the 1DC alongside an A7S and A7SII. The 1080p on all of them are on par with each other.

The difference is that the Canon colors are more "natural" to my eye and the iso performance, for obvious reasons, isn't as good as the A7S/A7SII.

I'd safely go up to ISO 6400 on the 1DC (still pretty good for a camera considering its age).

But the Dual Pixel AF makes the 1DXii for event shooting much better!

C-Log is also easier to work with than SLOG2 or SLOG3.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by torresfilms View Post
    1080p 60 on the 1DC is just as bad as on the rest of the Canon cameras. The only decent mode for 1080p is the S35 mode and it is limited to 30fps.

10. Collapse Details
    In my opinion (just tested all those cams 1DX II, 1DC, 5D mk IV, 80D) think 1DX II is the best one in term of ISO, DAF and overall performance.

STEADICAM | PHOTOGRAPHER | FILMMAKER

WEAPON 6K / C300 / FS700 / ZEISS CP.2
    www.nice-shot.co.uk | RedFilms.tv

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast