Thread: Joker bug 400

1. Collapse Details
    Joker bug 400
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    For sale is a Joker bug 400 in good working condition. I have 2 of them, and I am selling this one as I rarely need both at the same time. Asking $2000

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gxnp8akd3...jRN0rJeua?dl=0

The joker bug sticker in the back has been replaced, the old didn't stay and K5600 sent me a new one with no serial. The support at K5600 is incredible, I always got an answer within 24h. There are 2 lenses included, and if you wanted to build the kit back, I think those are not too expensive ( around $45 a piece), again K5600 outstanding support will assist you on anything about their product.
    That's it, other than that the unit works great, the beaker inside is the frosted one (I personally only use that one anyway). It obviously show sign of wear and use but these are really well built and meant to last. Thanks!
    Last edited by krick; 05-26-2017 at 01:23 PM.

2. Collapse Details
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It probably doesn't but just asking, does it include the hardshell case? If not, how do you transport it? Pelican/Storm case?
    Gear matters. But just a little. Story is everything.

3. Collapse Details
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hi there, it doesn't include the case. I use a pelican 1610 ( I believe). I have a 200 and 400 with the k5600 case but I won't use the case because it's bulky and doesn't roll. I also have a 800 with a the single case (I know, I love those lights) but same thing, you need a cart, it's not very practicle

What's good about the pelican is that I have space for everything and more (like extension, clamps...) and it has wheels and a handle that can be retracted like a luggage

4. Collapse Details
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    So to be complete, one would need to purchase a case of some kind, and two lenses, correct? Have you ever replaced the globe? Any idea of what they cost? I owned a Joker 1200 watt HMI PAR for years and one of my great regrets was selling it, I should have kept it, it was great. The replacement glovbes for it were like $400.00 to $500.00 at the time. I just used one of these 400s in South America on a shoot, it's a great smaller version, very handy.
    Gear matters. But just a little. Story is everything.

5. Collapse Details
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Watch out to not make me regret selling it before I sell it. It was actually not easy to decide to sell because these are so handy and I do love them. Oth
    Yes to be complete, 2 lenses and I believe a clear beaker ( the part that is on top of the bulb). The one that is included is the frosted one, which is the only one I really use anyway.

Bulbs varie but I always got a a brand new one on eBay when they pop out. New at b and h they are laround $200 I think.

I did changed both, but when? I really don't know but the bulbs last quite a while

6. Collapse Details
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    actually $139 here ( and if you look around you can get even better prices) http://www.bulbstock.com/24372-phi.h...se-BoCaojw_wcB

in any case, go with the good stuff though. K5600 recommends philips bulb, I stick to that... Hope that helps. Let me know if you are interested.

7. Collapse Details
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks for the info on the alternate bulbs.

I've got a Joker 200. One of my most prized parts of my kit. Love the versitility and the colorimetry. Anyone who is toying with getting a Joker/HMI, this is a fantastic deal for this calibre of lighting instrument. If you got the scratch you should consider it.

8. Collapse Details
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    SOLD, thanks!