1. Collapse Details
    Is there a battery rebate for UX180 purchase
    Hi,

Is there a battery and charger rebate when purchasing a UX180? Several other Pany cameras have come with such rebates in the past.

Thanks.

2. Collapse Details
    I asked the folks at B&H that same question the other day and they said there weren't any rebates or inclusions going on right now for the UX180. $400 off the DVX 200.

3. Collapse Details
    typically, you won't see Panasonic offer promotions until about 10-12 months after a camera release. Oddly, the consumer division has been more generous with promotions than the broadcast side lately. My HC-X1 came with a 3 year extended warranty from Panasonic, the UX180 has only 1 year.

4. Collapse Details
    Yes, I ended up getting the HCX1 because I didn't need SDI. But I can recommend the Watson charger, has removable plates so it can charge just about any Lithium Ion camera battery out there with the correct adapter plates and its $80 from bhphoto. I also got the IDX Panny battery, its literally less than half the price of the panny version and has XTAP and USB built in... IDX batteries are top notch, been using them since JVC HD100 came out and still going strong.