Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    The mid-wife who deliver my son at home made a video of the birth...... my son to this day won't watch it.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by puredrifting View Post
    I was married in 80s. Someone was shooting a bit of the ceremony on one of those prehistoric RCA full sized VHS camcorders. I saw the video clip once, it was cute, my wife was nervous and said "Uh, huh" instead of "I do" when the officiant asked her if she would take my hand in marriage, you could hear the crowd laugh a bit, it was funny. But I saw it once, I don't even have the video and I cannot recall who shot it or who has it and I don't need to see it again. We have one bad snapshot of us from the entire wedding, taken by a friend, that's it. Guess I am just unsentimental, that we only have one bad still photo of our wedding day doesn't matter to me or my wife. As far as relatives, I won't be around, what do I care if they can't experience my wedding day from half a century or a century ago? I am obviously cut from different cloth than people getting married today. I think I would rather get a root canal than be forced to watch anyones wedding video, my own included. Even my kids, when and if they get married, I am not going to encourage shooting a wedding video.
    I don't think you are cut from a different cloth than people today, it's just that there are preferences. Some really value wedding videos and many do not. I produce them for a living, and I'd rather take an ice pick to my eye than watch my own or my parents/relatives.

I've had couples and friends repost theirs over and over again. Just depends on the person, and I think it's always been that way.

I was talking to my dentist about that, how we have to shoot whimsical shots of couples kissing in forests and she just thought it was the wackiest thing.

Different strokes, and all of that.

3. Collapse Details
    I would rather get a root canal
    Quote Originally Posted by DBP View Post
    I'd rather take an ice pick to my eye
    Y'all are really serious about not watching a wedding video.

4. Collapse Details
    Chapelgrove Films
    I was married in 80s. Someone was shooting a bit of the ceremony on one of those prehistoric RCA full sized VHS camcorders. I saw the video clip once, it was cute, my wife was nervous and said "Uh, huh" instead of "I do" when the officiant asked her if she would take my hand in marriage, you could hear the crowd laugh a bit, it was funny. But I saw it once, I don't even have the video and I cannot recall who shot it or who has it and I don't need to see it again. We have one bad snapshot of us from the entire wedding, taken by a friend, that's it. Guess I am just unsentimental, that we only have one bad still photo of our wedding day doesn't matter to me or my wife. As far as relatives, I won't be around, what do I care if they can't experience my wedding day from half a century or a century ago? I am obviously cut from different cloth than people getting married today. I think I would rather get a root canal than be forced to watch anyones wedding video, my own included. Even my kids, when and if they get married, I am not going to encourage shooting a wedding video.
    Well then again, there are some people who don't like horror movies. And some people who LOVE them. There are people making a fortune off shooting wedding videos, so clearly there's a market for them. To each his own.
    David W. Richardson
    Writer/Producer/Director/Editor
    Chapel Grove Films
    Celtic Cross Films
    Bliss Video Productions
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1400903/?ref_=tt_ov_dr

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by David W. Richardson View Post
    Well then again, there are some people who don't like horror movies. And some people who LOVE them. There are people making a fortune off shooting wedding videos, so clearly there's a market for them. To each his own.
    Definitely, I have a ton of respect for those who create quality wedding photography and videos, it's really freaking difficult to do well. I was the photographer, as a wedding gift, to a relative (they divorced a month after the wedding ;-) I am a pretty good stills/portrait/travel/fine art photographer and shooting good looking stills at a wedding is crazy difficult. Luckily I have never had to produce a wedding video but it seems as if everything (logistics, stress, high emotions, restrictive venues, consistent lighting and sound challenges, needing to be in three places at once all of the time for an entire day) conspires against creating quality video, yet some people can do it. Hats off to them, that's impressive.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

6. Collapse Details
    Whenever I have clients who want to do that, I simply explain about 1/48th of a second shutter and motion blur. If the camera and or subject are moving and the video/digital cinema camera wasn't shooting with a high enough shutter speed to freeze the motion, the still is going to look like mushy mess. I have pulled stills from interviews that looked pretty good but typically the camera is stationary and the subject was mostly stationary too.
    Goes without saying.

NOEL EVANS TV MODEL 1.jpg
    w: Noel Evans TV

e: noel@noelevans.tv
    p: +61 (0) 408 455 374

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456