Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by dcloud View Post
    i plan on getting a shogun flame. mitch would you know if it can at least get 4k 24 12 bit raw?
    Yes, from the VariCam LT the Shogun Flame can record 4K RAW Cinema DNG at 24p, 25p and 30p. That information is on the specs page on the Atomos website.

https://www.atomos.com/shogun-flame
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager
    Panasonic Media Entertainment Corporation

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Gross View Post
    Yes, from the VariCam LT the Shogun Flame can record 4K RAW Cinema DNG at 24p, 25p and 30p. That information is on the specs page on the Atomos website.

https://www.atomos.com/shogun-flame
    thanks. the dual sdi confused me

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by dcloud View Post
    thanks. the dual sdi confused me
    Sorry, I didn't read your post carefully enough. 12-bit requires Dual-Link SDI. The Shogun Flame only has a single SDI input. So the Shogun Flame can only capture 10-bit 4K in DCI or UHD at 24p, 25p or 30p.
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager

4. Collapse Details
    If I'm reading this thread correctly, one can achieve 4k 444 30p on the LT via an external recorder (Atomos Recorder or an O7Q)?

5. Collapse Details
    I don't know much about Atomos, but the O7Q can only record 4K in raw from the LT.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Derrick View Post
    If I'm reading this thread correctly, one can achieve 4k 444 30p on the LT via an external recorder (Atomos Recorder or an O7Q)?
    Both recorders can capture 4K RAW and the Atomos units can capture 4K ProRes 422. In theory one can take either 4K RAW or 4K 422 and use it to generate a 2K/HD 444. But there is no 4K 444 here of which I'm aware.
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager

7. Collapse Details
    After watching this review of the Odyssey 7Q+ and the Atomos Shogun Inferno, I think I am done with external recorders as we move into the 4K world. If we end up using the Varicam LT, we will either buy or rent all of the P2 Express cards we need. I have had the Atomos Ninja Blade for two and half years and we love it as do our clients, but it seems that most of the advantages we have realized using the Blade (small, light, low cost, hassle free, does what we need it to do reliably, even in 132F in the Sahara Desert, no file hassles, no media management issues, no eject issues) are not present on the Odyssey or Shogun. Too bad, it seems that both companies are sort of falling behind in certain ways from what the market wants or needs. Nobody wants a large, heavy 7" screen recorder for documentary production, 5" is the preferred screen size for working handheld, while people doing tripod stuff are happy with the 7" size.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r02HywX3GuY&t=8s
    Always spending money on more gear! It's a sickness.

8. Collapse Details
    I know this review. I thought the guys did a pretty good overview but there are a few bits missing and the issues are not nearly as heavy as they indicate. And there are some definite advantages to having a nice monitor on the camera. Running it off P-Tap you can hang it flat against the dummy side of the camera and at just over a pound and an inch or so thick they kinda disappear. You don't have to use a bulky Noga arm if you know where you want it located. It's not only a great assistant or producer monitor, but there's lots of focus & exposure aids that they don't really mention. These can really enhance the use of the camera. Of course it all comes down to your style of shooting and where you're comfortable, but I for one love having one of these on pretty much any camera I ever use.
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Gross View Post
    Sorry, I didn't read your post carefully enough. 12-bit requires Dual-Link SDI. The Shogun Flame only has a single SDI input. So the Shogun Flame can only capture 10-bit 4K in DCI or UHD at 24p, 25p or 30p.
    makes more sense. thanks for clearing that up

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123