Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. Collapse Details
    Anyone used a large house location before in NYC/NJ area?
    #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    168
    Default
    Just wondering if anyone here has previously shot anything in a large house in and around NYC (even NJ)? I'm shooting a short there in June and looking for a Victorian style large house for 2-3 days. Just started looking but figure I'd put the feelers out here to see if anyone has any connections to something.

    Cheers!


    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
    #2
    Senior Member David W. Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    La Petite Roche
    Posts
    6,722
    Default
    While this doesn't help you find a location, I just thought I'd comment that your audio person will need to pay close attention and devise sound blocks using blankets to avoid extensive ADR in post. As the sound from Victorian homes is very live and echoey.

    All the best on your shoot.

    Dave


    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
    #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    6,643
    Default
    The Douglas House is used for shooting all the time. It's a nice all-American large house on a property with plenty of space and facilities for shooting. The owners live in a second house on the property. Used for tons of commercials, TV shows, SNL skits, on and on. Mostly one or two day jobs but I shot a series pilot there that went on for 10 days. Great space.

    http://thedouglashouse.com/
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager
    Panasonic System Solutions Company


    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
    #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    168
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Gross View Post
    The Douglas House is used for shooting all the time. It's a nice all-American large house on a property with plenty of space and facilities for shooting. The owners live in a second house on the property. Used for tons of commercials, TV shows, SNL skits, on and on. Mostly one or two day jobs but I shot a series pilot there that went on for 10 days. Great space.

    http://thedouglashouse.com/
    Thanks Mitch. Nice house, but I'm assuming a place like this is >$2K/day?


    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
    #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    168
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by David W. Jones View Post
    While this doesn't help you find a location, I just thought I'd comment that your audio person will need to pay close attention and devise sound blocks using blankets to avoid extensive ADR in post. As the sound from Victorian homes is very live and echoey.

    All the best on your shoot.

    Dave
    Good tips. Thanks Dave!


    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
    #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    6,643
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by mrl72 View Post
    Thanks Mitch. Nice house, but I'm assuming a place like this is >$2K/day?
    I'm sure it's a lot more than that!
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager
    Panasonic System Solutions Company


    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
    #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    3
    Default
    Useful thread! Thanks!


    Reply With Quote
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •