Page 204 of 294 FirstFirst ... 104154194200201202203204205206207208214254 ... LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 2936
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Gross View Post
    Ask Me Anything.

On the new thread please, just so I can keep my sanity.
    Mitch, please reconsider the lack of 422 4K 50p in-camera again. The lack of this just made this camera (at least for me) pretty much useless. After you do 10bit, you will never want to go back to 8bit because it is just impossible to grade well, 8bit is simply put low quality footage. I've been basically cameraless for last year or so since the projects I do these days call for Arri or Red so sold away my FS7 that was just gathering dust, but I was thinking of getting this as a personal camera for passion projects and because every now and then there is a project where the mobility is the key (and this type of cameras are hard to rent because they are more owner based than rental based due to the low price). EVA offers that mobility and flexibility in shooting with small size and I was really expecting this to be sort of FS7 killer, which this could be with 10bit 50/60p. Though the choice of EF mount is bit strange and limiting, would have much rather seen M43 for adaptability cause so often need to use PL glass. I don't know if this choice was done to make the AF better but that should really not be a priority. Anyways back to the main point: I don't know if this 8bit vs 10bit choice was made because you want to protect LT sales, but to me it looks like that ship has already sailed. LT wasn't able to replace FS7 or C300s for that matter except with selected few people who are having hard time trying to praise how awesome LT image is online to the masses that go with the flow. In this market it is unfortunately not enough to produce a great camera. It has to sort of become a standard cause if producer has to ask you what is LT you already lost the game, they will go with the camera they know and use on every project. Only way to penetrate this market is to do something truly awesome and sell it so cheap compered to specs.. that is how FS7 replaced C300 as they "standard" cam on low end productions and also why C300 mkII was unable to take the share back. LT was discounted to 12000 bucks here in China like year ago May, which was basically just after it was released. The reseller said no one wants them. LT is great camera but it missed it's momentum. Only way to eat sales from others and gain userbase when entering the market bit late is to revolutionize it. If nothing else 422 10bit 50/60p should be atleast a paid firmware upgrade. Using external recorder beats up the purpose of having a camera you can otherwise basically wave with one hand. Personally I shoot everything in 50p project rate, just to have that slow-mo possibility in post and I just can't do 8bit, the clients deserve better. Love that IR filter function so much that really makes me go crazy to encounter this 10bit problem. I was so sure I would buy this if the image quality is anything like on LT but now you lost a customer. If you were to upgrade this, I would suggest you do that fast while you could still have an edge over competitors with 5.7K sensor.

2. Collapse Details
    Matt Gottshalk - Director/ Dp/ and Emmy Award Winning Editor
    Producer, Digital Creative for the United States Postal Service

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Nixon View Post
    Just confirmed that the EVA1 is available on the 0% 12 Month Lease Financing Promo:

Panasonic AU-EVA1 Camera Body $7345

ETA October 2017

AG-VBR59G 5900mAh Battery $195
    AG-VBR89G 8850 mAh Battery $295
    AG-VBR118G 11,800 mAh Battery $355
    AG-BRD50 Dual Battery Charger $230
    AG-MC200G Microphone $466

Attachment 125565

Will you be selling a package with a lens? Thanks!!

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by FranBro View Post
    Will you be selling a package with a lens? Thanks!!
    All Panasonic dealers will be offering the 12-month 0% deal. 0% financing does not apply to 3rd party products. However...

Hot Rod Cameras has a financing partner and can finance all 3rd party products, and...

Hot Rod is also doing 12-month 0% financing on the 21-100mm Zeiss LWZ.3 in EF, PL, F, E or MFT mount. I used the LWZ.3 on Wednesday and it's an excellent pairing with the EVA1.
    I.

Illya Friedman
    Hot Rod Cameras

My hilarious twitter twocks @hotrodcameras

5. Collapse Details
    Cool! That Zeiss lens weighs 1lb. That and a 2.x lb camera. What a package.

6. Collapse Details
    that zeiss weighs 4.4lb.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul F View Post
    Cool! That Zeiss lens weighs 1lb. That and a 2.x lb camera. What a package.

7. Collapse Details
    Ok, it was too good to be true. Hot Rod has it at 1lb.

8. Collapse Details
    Thanks for pointing out the typo. I'll have that corrected on Monday.

I.
    I.

Illya Friedman
    Hot Rod Cameras

My hilarious twitter twocks @hotrodcameras

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by sebasti View Post
    Mitch, please reconsider the lack of 422 4K 50p in-camera again.

The lack of this just made this camera (at least for me) pretty much useless. After you do 10bit, you will never want to go back to 8bit because it is just impossible to grade well, 8bit is simply put low quality footage.

I've been basically cameraless for last year or so since the projects I do these days call for Arri or Red so sold away my FS7 that was just gathering dust, but I was thinking of getting this as a personal camera for passion projects and because every now and then there is a project where the mobility is the key (and this type of cameras are hard to rent because they are more owner based than rental based due to the low price). EVA offers that mobility and flexibility in shooting with small size and I was really expecting this to be sort of FS7 killer, which this could be with 10bit 50/60p.

Though the choice of EF mount is bit strange and limiting, would have much rather seen M43 for adaptability cause so often need to use PL glass. I don't know if this choice was done to make the AF better but that should really not be a priority. Anyways back to the main point: I don't know if this 8bit vs 10bit choice was made because you want to protect LT sales, but to me it looks like that ship has already sailed. LT wasn't able to replace FS7 or C300s for that matter except with selected few people who are having hard time trying to praise how awesome LT image is online to the masses that go with the flow. In this market it is unfortunately not enough to produce a great camera.

It has to sort of become a standard cause if producer has to ask you what is LT you already lost the game, they will go with the camera they know and use on every project. Only way to penetrate this market is to do something truly awesome and sell it so cheap compered to specs.. that is how FS7 replaced C300 as they "standard" cam on low end productions and also why C300 mkII was unable to take the share back. LT was discounted to 12000 bucks here in China like year ago May, which was basically just after it was released. The reseller said no one wants them. LT is great camera but it missed it's momentum. Only way to eat sales from others and gain userbase when entering the market bit late is to revolutionize it.

If nothing else 422 10bit 50/60p should be atleast a paid firmware upgrade. Using external recorder beats up the purpose of having a camera you can otherwise basically wave with one hand. Personally I shoot everything in 50p project rate, just to have that slow-mo possibility in post and I just can't do 8bit, the clients deserve better. Love that IR filter function so much that really makes me go crazy to encounter this 10bit problem. I was so sure I would buy this if the image quality is anything like on LT but now you lost a customer. If you were to upgrade this, I would suggest you do that fast while you could still have an edge over competitors with 5.7K sensor.
    Even with paragraph breaks this still unreadable.

Mitch already answered your first question. The data rate required is not possible. Even if it was, Panasonic has made the spec for this camera and that is what it is. If the camera does not meet your needs move on and never write a post like that again.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Illya Friedman View Post
    All Panasonic dealers will be offering the 12-month 0% deal. 0% financing does not apply to 3rd party products. However...

Hot Rod Cameras has a financing partner and can finance all 3rd party products, and...

Hot Rod is also doing 12-month 0% financing on the 21-100mm Zeiss LWZ.3 in EF, PL, F, E or MFT mount. I used the LWZ.3 on Wednesday and it's an excellent pairing with the EVA1.
    Looks like a decent lens for the price based on the footage available and it has interchangeable lens mounts which would be essential in my books.

Page 204 of 294 FirstFirst ... 104154194200201202203204205206207208214254 ... LastLast