Page 199 of 294 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199200201202203209249 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 2936
  1. Collapse Details
    Do you think they are using the Atomos to record or the internal codec? I don't plan on having an external recorder so I'm more interested in what the internal codec looks like.

2. Collapse Details
    Might be just a monitor and backup recorder.
    Jason R. Johnston
    Cinematographer Videographer Photographer

web: jasonrjohnston.com
    instagram: jasonrjohnston

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by JRJphoto View Post
    Might be just a monitor and backup recorder.
    Beat me to it. That's exactly what it is. Chiefly in use as a monitor, recording backup as just-in-case and so-we-can-compare (in the lab).
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager
    Panasonic System Solutions Company

4. Collapse Details
    I got a kick out of this. It's promoting one of the EVA1 Facebook groups.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWvV...ature=youtu.be
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager
    Panasonic System Solutions Company

5. Collapse Details
    That gave me a laugh, Mitch.

I'm already in contact with my rental house to be ready the moment they get an EVA1.

6. Collapse Details
    The anticipation is killing me!!!!!!!

7. Collapse Details
    Meh. $11,743 is more than "under $8,000". lol Also, I think we'd hear it from Panasonic first. Don't believe everything you see on the internet.
    According to the site, the EVA has been 'discontinued'. Wow! Already? Not even released and discontinued? I've heard of built-in obsolescence but that's crazy!

8. Collapse Details
    EVA1 as pictured? Sure, if you want what's pictured; it's not altogether under $8000, no. EVA1, straight out of the box with whatever it comes with (top handle, monitor and arm, a battery, etc) will be under $8000. It's not a Red brain. It is a fully-functioning camcorder unibody that takes camcorder media, camcorder juice, and camcorder peripherals, but has a Super 35 sensor, a reportedly Varicam-like image, and a mount that supports affordable and easy-to-source lenses. Hell, you'll be able to buy the media and batteries at Best Buy. That's gonna be under $8000. Starting from the ground up? No, you need to buy lenses and such. You want a Gratical and other Zacuto stuff? It's more. Not sure how many of us here are starting from scratch. Stop pissing, Yuri. I, myself, have several EF-mount EOS lenses plus some PL lenses that adapt to EF. And, I have a bunch of compatible batteries. Also, a heavy Sachtler system, a comfortable shoulder-mount kit, etc. not my first rodeo. I'll be fine. We'll all be fine. A Gratical is nice to have but unneccessary to get an EVA1 system up and running.
    Sorry, I am starting from scratch. I have a fun GH4, a crappy tripod, a bunch of M43 lenses, a bunch of Nikon lenses and Nikon bodies for still photography. Look, I'm not complaining. But the Gh4 was $1500, then the batteries, lenses, charger, external recorder, etc etc it all adds up.

I have a roof over my head, a wife, etc. I have it a lot better than a lot of other people in this blue marble.

I'm just saying you start at 8k and go up from there. I just have to start earning more $$$.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by icarusfilm View Post
    I hope to see skin tones in various lit and unlit environments indoor and outdoor and hopefully not a single skateboarder or surfer.
    Hey! Nothing wrong with surf stuff! I used to live on the beach...

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by dustylense View Post
    But the camera comes in an EF mount. How many have existing EF glass? Or even existing EF cine glass? Or even existing third party eve's? So yes, the camera is $8,000 or less. Because you're buying the camera. Pretty sure this camera isn't marketed for people who don't have existing things like lenses, evf's, external recorders? I know that if I buy into the EVA, it will cost me $8k or less, because all the stuff that goes on it is behind me in a case.

Thats like buying new patio furniture that cost $1500 and thinking it really costs $800,000 because you will need a house for it.
    Now now. I'm a sound guy with $5k in sound gear. Sacramento is flyover country. I'm starting to do some narrative films. I hired a DP for my last project who came with an Alexa Mini. I fell in love with the skin tones. I researched the VariCam. Excellent skin tones as well.

And my house cost $135k. So there.

Just trying to make a point about the cost of film stuff. You all don't have to jump all over me.

Page 199 of 294 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199200201202203209249 ... LastLast