Page 198 of 294 FirstFirst ... 98148188194195196197198199200201202208248 ... LastLast
Results 1,971 to 1,980 of 2936
  1. Collapse Details
    A lot of it depends on which viewfinder you are looking at. I have the Zacuto EVF Pro, bought it as a demo from Zacuto for $400.00. Not as nice as the Gratical and Gratical Eye but one quarter of the cost. A full outfitted LT costs considerably more than the EVA 1. Most pros will be bringing a baseplate/shoulder mount, possibly an EVF and probably a full lens set to this camera. All most will need to purchase will be a few batteries and some new V60 or V90 SDXC cards. If you are a newbie, sure, it costs a lot of money to get up to speed. Panasonic is probably targeting Canon owners, Sony and BMD owners mostly with the EVA 1. If I owned a Varicam LT, yes, this would make an excellent B camera to it. The EVA 1 is no different than any other pro digital cinema camera, the support to make the camera work properly in a professional setting will cost as much as the camera, if not more, no big revelation in that. Most pros already own at least the majority of that gear already with their current camera. If a user is stepping up from a consumer camera like a GH5, yes, the pro stuff is a lot bigger, heavier, more expensive. That's the way it's always been.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Milan O. View Post
    Thanks Mitch!
    I asked as it seems there isn't a battery on here either, and then perhaps it is powered some other way.
    https://twitter.com/PanasonicProAV/s...88190275428352
    I use this with my Graticle on my C300

1467732289000_1262887.jpg

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...tap_cable.html

3. Collapse Details
    Thought i would fan the flames here abit for mitch... can anyone here comment on how the autofocus on the LT works? or would something similar from the LT line trickle down onto the EVA-1? or is it an entirely new autofocus system?

the battery that is used to power the EVA-1. Is it a totally new battery design or can you use existing dvx-200 batteries on the EVA-1? what is the run time on the eva-1 battery? approximately i mean...

another thing that's been baffling me is panasonic's super fast P2 cards, now with write speeds that exceed Cfast cards, how come panasonic doesn't have a compressed raw format available? why make it raw out only? i'm sure the panny community would appreciate just popping in a card and happily record raw internally on the LT! So what gives mitch? and feel free to share whatever you think its appropriate from your recent japan trip, we all like to hear what panasonic's been cooking...

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Amira-user View Post
    Can anyone here comment on how the autofocus on the LT works?
    I think that on Varicam LT there's only manual focus. However there will be a sort of Autofocus on EVA1.
    https://www.behance.net/DaniloDelTufo

Camera:
    ---------
    Canon EOS C200, HPX170

Lenses:
    ---------
    Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM
    EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS NANO USM with Power Zoom Adapter PZ-E1
    EF 50MM f/1.4 USM STANDARD
    EF-S 24mm f2.8 STM

Workstation:
    ---------
    iMac Pro - 2.5GHz 14-core Intel Xeon W processor, Turbo Boost up to 4.3GHz
    128GB 2666MHz DDR4 ECC memory
    4TB SSD
    Radeon Pro Vega 64 with 16GB of HBM2 memory

5. Collapse Details
    Thought i would fan the flames here abit for mitch... can anyone here comment on how the autofocus on the LT works? or would something similar from the LT line trickle down onto the EVA-1? or is it an entirely new autofocus system?
    The Varicam LT doesn't have AF.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by scottfs View Post
    The Eva as pictured ain't 'under $8,000'. I'll bet as configured, what, $15k? Assuming a cine lens, which is what I am aiming for. It's like the Red Raven, gee only $6k. Ha ha ha. As a door stop, yep...
    well nobody expected it to include a lens and a tripod. at least it got a dual-slot charger :-)

i already got a bunch of gear, but no ef-lenses - so i hope the EVA will cost way below 8k or it's going to break the bank for me. personally, i'd have preferred a mount with a shorter flange distance, to add cheap/existing lenses to the cheap media workflow - but that horse has already been beaten to death. curious what next week brings.

7. Collapse Details
    another thing that's been baffling me is panasonic's super fast P2 cards, now with write speeds that exceed Cfast cards, how come panasonic doesn't have a compressed raw format available? why make it raw out only? i'm sure the panny community would appreciate just popping in a card and happily record raw internally on the LT! So what gives mitch? and feel free to share whatever you think its appropriate from your recent japan trip, we all like to hear what panasonic's been cooking...
    Even, I can answer that one. The EVA1 uses SD cards instead of the very expensive P2 cards.

8. Collapse Details

the battery that is used to power the EVA-1. Is it a totally new battery design or can you use existing dvx-200 batteries on the EVA-1? what is the run time on the eva-1 battery? approximately i mean...

Autofocus on VLT
    Works fantastic. Because it doesn't exist.

EVA1 battery
    Same as DVX200. I can't recall off top of my head, but I think the standard 40-odd watt battery lasts a couple hours of normal recording. Something like that. Sitting in standby it lasts much longer.

RAW to ExpressP2 cards
    The VariCam 35 and VariCam LT are the first Panasonic cameras with P2 cards that also have RAW capabilities. But the architecture of these cards, the readers that go with them and other parts of the chain are all set up for video workflows. It would be a problem in Panasonic's holistic approach to have a camera record a file onto a P2 card, then have that P2 card go to a deck or other reader device that could not deal with that file format. The Panasonic attitude is that there must be a system in place to use the media in all stages. Does that mean that in theory one could build devices on the other end that utilize P2 for this? Possibly, but I don't really know about it. Instead Panasonic decided to go with systems that already existed, one being the Codex RAW system and the other being the alliance built around Convergent Design, Atoms and the CinemaDNG post systems such as Resolve.
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager
    Panasonic System Solutions Company

9. Collapse Details
    Not far off until I see the real deal. Looking forward to it.
    w: Noel Evans TV

e: noel@noelevans.tv
    p: +61 (0) 408 455 374

10. Collapse Details
    Screen Shot 2017-07-30 at 11.32.57 AM.jpg

Working EVA 1 in Iceland.

Page 198 of 294 FirstFirst ... 98148188194195196197198199200201202208248 ... LastLast