Page 197 of 294 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207247 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,970 of 2936
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Gross View Post
    I honestly can't remember, I just read there and don't post. However, you may wish to check my Twitter feed @Mitch_Gross. I'm also on Facebook, but not too much (exhausting to keep up with it all).
    what do you "read" on Instagram? It's a photo dominated platform.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by dustylense View Post
    what do you "read" on Instagram? It's a photo dominated platform.
    Should have said that I passively view, as opposed to actively post.

I even have a secret account on Tumblr, but that's mostly to see what my teenager is blabbering about.
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager
    Panasonic System Solutions Company

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by scottfs View Post
    The Eva as pictured ain't 'under $8,000'. I'll bet as configured, what, $15k? Assuming a cine lens, which is what I am aiming for. It's like the Red Raven, gee only $6k. Ha ha ha. As a door stop, yep...
    But the camera comes in an EF mount. How many have existing EF glass? Or even existing EF cine glass? Or even existing third party eve's? So yes, the camera is $8,000 or less. Because you're buying the camera. Pretty sure this camera isn't marketed for people who don't have existing things like lenses, evf's, external recorders? I know that if I buy into the EVA, it will cost me $8k or less, because all the stuff that goes on it is behind me in a case.

Thats like buying new patio furniture that cost $1500 and thinking it really costs $800,000 because you will need a house for it.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Milan O. View Post
    I just did. How is the Gratical HD powered here?

https://twitter.com/Mitch_Gross/stat...01183507795968
    I'm not on set so I'm not sure, but I think the battery is just currently off of the Gratical.
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager
    Panasonic System Solutions Company

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by scottfs View Post
    The Eva as pictured ain't 'under $8,000'. I'll bet as configured, what, $15k? Assuming a cine lens, which is what I am aiming for. It's like the Red Raven, gee only $6k. Ha ha ha. As a door stop, yep...
    When I commented awhile back about that, I got shot down, big time. I guess you guys already have all the accessories, so don't count the cost of them. Accessories like lenses (B&H has a nice set for only $70K or so), the viewfinder ($1500 to $5000), batteries, mounts, recorders, etc. As a complete camera I would guess that the EVA is only about $5K cheaper than a LT.

On the other hand is is a professional level camcorder, and can not be expected to be cheap.
    Last edited by graywolf; 07-27-2017 at 11:11 AM.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by dustylense View Post
    But the camera comes in an EF mount. How many have existing EF glass? Or even existing EF cine glass? Or even existing third party eve's? So yes, the camera is $8,000 or less. Because you're buying the camera. Pretty sure this camera isn't marketed for people who don't have existing things like lenses, evf's, external recorders? I know that if I buy into the EVA, it will cost me $8k or less, because all the stuff that goes on it is behind me in a case.

Thats like buying new patio furniture that cost $1500 and thinking it really costs $800,000 because you will need a house for it.
    I'm glad I don't live in CA. ; )

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Gross View Post
    I'm not on set so I'm not sure, but I think the battery is just currently off of the Gratical.
    Thanks Mitch!
    I asked as it seems there isn't a battery on here either, and then perhaps it is powered some other way.
    https://twitter.com/PanasonicProAV/s...88190275428352

8. Collapse Details
    Jason R. Johnston
    Cinematographer Videographer Photographer

web: jasonrjohnston.com
    instagram: jasonrjohnston

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by graywolf View Post
    When I commented awhile back about that, I got shot down, big time. I guess you guys already have all the accessories, so don't count the cost of them. Accessories like lenses (B&H has a nice set for only $70K or so), the viewfinder ($1500 to $5000), batteries, mounts, recorders, etc. As a complete camera I would guess that the EVA is only about $5K cheaper than a LT.

On the other hand is is a professional level camcorder, and can not be expected to be cheap.
    Yeah, it's an interesting price point. Not likely to convert too many current Canon/Sony users or would-be buyers of those cameras, or anyone just getting out of film school. Apparently aimed at existing high end Panasonic users who want a good B-cam (assuming the EVA grades/intercuts well with an LT), or those who love the Panny look, but want to upgrayyyed from MFT/GH-- series cameras.

I'll be interested in real world footage when it hits (footage from pre-pro cameras paid for by whatever company is making the camera always a grain of salt proposition, regardless of who shoots it), and of course nitty-gritty things like battery life, how well it plays with current editing systems, yada.

At that price, I'm guessing Panny will have a mini-hit on their hands, depending on Sony's reaction to it (or lack thereof).
    John Vincent
    Evil Genius Entertainment.com

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by graywolf View Post

LT+viewfinder is 24 000 euros.

Page 197 of 294 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207247 ... LastLast