Page 193 of 294 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194195196197203243293 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 2936
  1. Collapse Details
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    South Orange County area
    Posts
    1,335
    Default
    Would be a nice surprise if the EVA1 had AVC Ultra 4K 12 bit 444 which would practically eliminate the need of an external recorder for Raw. A longshot since the Varicam LT doesn't have it.


     

  2. Collapse Details
    Senior Member puredrifting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles, Ca.
    Posts
    9,377
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by boo View Post
    Would be a nice surprise if the EVA1 had AVC Ultra 4K 12 bit 444 which would practically eliminate the need of an external recorder for Raw. A longshot since the Varicam LT doesn't have it.
    Could the new SD card standard even handle that data rate? Wouldn't that be about 800 Mbps in 4K?
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.


     

  3. Collapse Details
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6,522
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by puredrifting View Post
    Could the new SD card standard even handle that data rate? Wouldn't that be about 800 Mbps in 4K?
    We should have plenty of V60 (480 Mbps) and V90 (720 Mbps) SD cards in a couple of months, and I would imagine that V120 (960 Mbps) cards will appear by next year.


     

  4. Collapse Details
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    South Orange County area
    Posts
    1,335
    Default
    Was thinking in comparison of the Ursa Mini Pro and realized it's CFast media being used for Raw and ProRes. V120 cards would be nice! Also, Panasonic making their own proprietary media maybe they have something up their sleeve as one of the unannounced surprises?


    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
     

  5. Collapse Details
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,200
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by boo View Post
    Was thinking in comparison of the Ursa Mini Pro and realized it's CFast media being used for Raw and ProRes. V120 cards would be nice! Also, Panasonic making their own proprietary media maybe they have something up their sleeve as one of the unannounced surprises?
    panasonic's p2 card system worked for a wee bit with the hvx200 but at the time panasonic was coming off the successful sd dvx100 series and held a sizeable lead in transitioning from sd to 720p and eventually 1080i/p.

    since that lead no longer exists, i truly think the marketplace would reject proprietary media storage.

    be well.

    rob
    smalltalk.productions
    the story is never black & white
    it takes Smalltalk to reveal the color

    smalltalk.productions


     

  6. Collapse Details
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    6,418
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by Danilo Del Tufo View Post
    I was informed by a friend that next week will have the first official footage of Panasonic Eva1! Stay tuned!
    Content is beginning to be created, not exhibited.
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager
    Panasonic System Solutions Company


    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
     

  7. Collapse Details
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    6,418
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by npm View Post
    Is there any information whether the body is weather-sealed?
    I'll need to check on that.
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager
    Panasonic System Solutions Company


     

  8. Collapse Details
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    6
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Gross View Post
    I'll need to check on that.
    I doubt if it is possible because of cooling system.


     

  9. Collapse Details
    Senior Member npm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    288
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by tundrik View Post
    I doubt if it is possible because of cooling system.
    FS7 is weather sealed is it not?


     

  10. Collapse Details
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    1,826
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by npm View Post
    FS7 is weather sealed is it not?
    FS7 has air vents.


     

Page 193 of 294 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194195196197203243293 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •