Page 192 of 294 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192193194195196202242292 ... LastLast
Results 1,911 to 1,920 of 2936
  1. Collapse Details
    I read quickly. When I have time to respond, it's because my project is rendering, or uploading, or burning, etc, so I can take a break. Other times I'm in the field waiting so I have a minute to glance at the forum and say something. I don't subscribe to a lot of forums and I'm really only active in this one because I have a DVX200 and plan to get an EVA1. The rest of the time I'm working, sleeping, or eating, or socializing with local humans.

As far as the industry is concerned, like NorBro, I'm a "nobody," too, but that's because we compare ourselves to bigger houses or agencies, and the likes of Roger Deakins, OBE, ASC, BSC. But in my little local pond, I'm a big fish with lots of awards, good word of mouth, and some pretty decent-sized clients that keep coming back to me for their video production needs. I'm talking school districts, hospitals, and car dealerships. Compared to others I'm small-time, but hey, it pays the bills, keeps me fed, and lets me buy new cameras and invest in PL-mount glass. I even have time to write in my blog sometimes.

I do this internet stuff because it keeps my talons sharp, it's good for business and socialization practices, I enjoy helping people, and it's cool when Panasonic Pro notices and reposts a DVX200 pic I took for Instagram. Everyone helping everyone. I like being in on that. Here is where I can contribute to the positive energy, putting my years of knowledge and experience to serve someone else. I can make time to contribute to that...and I can do it on my phone whilst waiting for the computer to render or the talent to come out of makeup. It's not because I'm not working. It's because I'm social and I like people.

And it's not a waste of time reading smarmy comments, either. It lets me know who to take seriously and who to ignore.
    Jason R. Johnston
    Cinematographer Videographer Photographer

web: jasonrjohnston.com
    instagram: jasonrjohnston

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by JRJphoto View Post
    DSLR never looked better. It was the lie of shallow dof.
    I used to have a 5d2 and ex1 - the 5d had better colour too.

Maybe you could dial a better look from the Sony but out of the box the 5d2 was great.. As long as you were delivering 480 or 720

3. Collapse Details
    Right lol. I mean, yeah, I was shooting little indie features on my T2i in 2010. Looked great...like ~Super 35 should. Then I got to shoot a short with the 5Dmk2 and that ~Vistavision look was something special...........until you got into the grade. You didn't have to go too deep to see how crap the 8-bit 4:2:0 and ~35Mbps H.254 limitations were/are. But if you got the image sooc as close to final as you could, yeah you can get some crazy-handsome shots.
    Jason R. Johnston

4. Collapse Details
    Well both the cameras I mentioned were 420 35. Grade? Not on my 2008 computer.

I don't think anyone suggested dslr was better than f35 red one or film and a $50k grading suite - the cinematic options at the time.

But in the $5k bracket in 2008 the 5d2 was undeniably awesome on both dof and colour.

Oh yeah and vista and affordable f4 ff glass has the same dof character as fast costly cine glass on s35.

What killed the 5d2 for me? Lack of xlr

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Thames View Post
    Was in Bangkok a few months ago and ran into a sound engineer we had dinner together..... I asked him if he was on DVXuser. He said he knew about it but never has the time. Makes me wonder about you guys.
    I live in fly-over country (Sacramento, CA). Other than the State (and they have their own staff), commercials and some corporate work, the job market is like the Sahara on a July day. Not much moving.

6. Collapse Details
    Mitch in Cinegear promised the EVA (not E-V-A, c'mon!) a VeriCam look, "Beautiful, accurate colors, natural, lifelike skin tones". That's all I care about. That wonderful, deep, full, rich colors. I don't care if I have a passel of MFT lenses. The promise of a VariCam look is the most important thing to me. IF...if they can pull that off, I'll buy one. Bottom line.

'

7. Collapse Details
    I was informed by a friend that next week will have the first official footage of Panasonic Eva1! Stay tuned!
    https://www.behance.net/DaniloDelTufo

Camera:
    ---------
    Canon EOS C200, HPX170

Lenses:
    ---------
    Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM
    EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS NANO USM with Power Zoom Adapter PZ-E1
    EF 50MM f/1.4 USM STANDARD
    EF-S 24mm f2.8 STM

Workstation:
    ---------
    iMac Pro - 2.5GHz 14-core Intel Xeon W processor, Turbo Boost up to 4.3GHz
    128GB 2666MHz DDR4 ECC memory
    4TB SSD
    Radeon Pro Vega 64 with 16GB of HBM2 memory

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

8. Collapse Details
    Hope that's true. Would love to see some images from this cam.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by morgan_moore View Post
    What killed the 5d2 for me? Lack of xlr
    Oh yeah! Need a proper video camera for that! Why I bought the DVX200.
    Jason R. Johnston

10. Collapse Details
    Is there any information whether the body is weather-sealed?

Page 192 of 294 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192193194195196202242292 ... LastLast