Page 184 of 294 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194234284 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 2936
  1. Collapse Details
    Good points. Well, I don't shoot for broadcast or people who know what is what with cameras. I shoot for my own agency, so its generally clients who just care about the quality and look of the end video.

As a perfectionist myself, matching lens characteristics are important and I do notice that, too - why I brought it up! So good advice all around.

On this case in particular, I am wondering if it is worthwhile - at least initially. To snag a Milvus 15 and 21 would cost about $4500 and take up twice the space plus time for lens changes. Faster than f/4 on a Super35 at wider angles can be a nightmare to focus in many cases, and often with wide having that shallow DoF isn't as neccessary. The lowlight on EVA-1 should also be good. So f/4 vs f/2.8 vs f/1.8 isn't as big of a deal to me here (though outside of the wider angles or on a smaller sensor, I would never say such a thing!)

I am wondering if I can get away with the Sigma 12-24 for now. I don't tend to use wide quite as much, and when I do, being able to jump adjust that focal length from ultra wide to a normal wide is nice. If I was going to spring for the Sigma 14, though, I'd opt instead for the Milvus 15. But then there in lies the problem, I don't have the FF equivement of a ~35 covered and need a second Milvus lens (the 21mm).

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by filmguy123 View Post
    Good points. Well, I don't shoot for broadcast or people who know what is what with cameras. I shoot for my own agency, so its generally clients who just care about the quality and look of the end video.

As a perfectionist myself, matching lens characteristics are important and I do notice that, too - why I brought it up! So good advice all around.

On this case in particular, I am wondering if it is worthwhile - at least initially. To snag a Milvus 15 and 21 would cost about $4500 and take up twice the space plus time for lens changes. Faster than f/4 on a Super35 at wider angles can be a nightmare to focus in many cases, and often with wide having that shallow DoF isn't as neccessary. The lowlight on EVA-1 should also be good. So f/4 vs f/2.8 vs f/1.8 isn't as big of a deal to me here (though outside of the wider angles or on a smaller sensor, I would never say such a thing!)

I am wondering if I can get away with the Sigma 12-24 for now. I don't tend to use wide quite as much, and when I do, being able to jump adjust that focal length from ultra wide to a normal wide is nice. If I was going to spring for the Sigma 14, though, I'd opt instead for the Milvus 15. But then there in lies the problem, I don't have the FF equivement of a ~35 covered and need a second Milvus lens (the 21mm).
    If you are truly a perfectionist than your only logical choice to to go for the full set of every focal length you need in the Milvus. If you buy the Sigma, you'll probably sell it in three months at a loss to buy what you really want/need to satify your OCD, the Milvus 15.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

3. Collapse Details
    Or just rent the lenses for jobs and see which ones you like/use the most.

Who knows...you might end up with something like the CN-E 18-80.

4. Collapse Details
    Lens rentals - yes! Outside of the main workhorse kit.

Hmm... pure drifitng... maybe I'm only a quasi perfectionist!! Or maybe you're right.

$4500 + inconvenience/size/weight... but perffeeeccctttiiooonnn...
    $1600 Sigma 12-24... flexible, versatile, still very nice, but not a perfect match... hmmm..

Tangent, because I am not in the market for this, but still highly curious...

Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post
    Who knows...you might end up with something like the CN-E 18-80.
    What is it image quality and aesthetic like on one of these compared to shooting with primes?

5. Collapse Details
    I've never used one (just wanted to throw something else in the mix), but if you head over to the Canon side of the forum I'm sure there are several people that can provide you some great feedback.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by filmguy123 View Post
    Lens rentals - yes! Outside of the main workhorse kit.

Hmm... pure drifitng... maybe I'm only a quasi perfectionist!! Or maybe you're right.

$4500 + inconvenience/size/weight... but perffeeeccctttiiooonnn...
    $1600 Sigma 12-24... flexible, versatile, still very nice, but not a perfect match... hmmm..

Tangent, because I am not in the market for this, but still highly curious...

What is it image quality and aesthetic like on one of these compared to shooting with primes?
    I didn't compare it to primes but overall, it's an impressive lens
    https://www.hdvideopro.com/gear/lens...-t4-4-ef-lens/
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

7. Collapse Details
    Mitch, Canon footage will be available and scrutinized, shortly. What is your goal? IBC?

8. Collapse Details
    Just occured to me that during NAB 2016 a few lens manufacturers were showing off prototypes of cinema zooms some with exchangable lens mounts. The lenses were said to be in the 10 grand range. This included Angenieux. I am not in the market right now but someone may want to see if any of these lenses have come to market yet. Think I saw most of this info on Newsshooter videos.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Stone View Post
    Just occured to me that during NAB 2016 a few lens manufacturers were showing off prototypes of cinema zooms some with exchangable lens mounts. The lenses were said to be in the 10 grand range. This included Angenieux. I am not in the market right now but someone may want to see if any of these lenses have come to market yet. Think I saw most of this info on Newsshooter videos.
    There's a thread at reduser about Angenieux's EZ-lenses.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvise Tedesco View Post
    Mitch, Canon footage will be available and scrutinized, shortly. What is your goal? IBC?
    As soon as possible, but really I'm not at liberty to give details.
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager
    Panasonic System Solutions Company

Page 184 of 294 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194234284 ... LastLast