Page 222 of 294 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226232272 ... LastLast
Results 2,211 to 2,220 of 2936
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post
    Probably not, I don't remember...but the F35 was indeed just straight up sick. Superman Returns was a fave of mine (even though it was under the Genesis brand).

I don't think they make cameras like they used to anymore. In a way, I actually think quality is somehow getting worse, ha.

---

Sorry to derail the thread...the EVA1 has a prime opportunity here to blow it out of the water for sure.
    Are the F35 and F65 official demos still online? Couldn't find with google. Several videos but nothing which seems to be the Sony demos.

2. Collapse Details
    I'm not sure...when I asked you, I was legit asking YOU, haha. I don't think I've seen an official one from Sony for either of them to be honest. Just NAB videos with footage on screens and people talking about the camera. I do remember other videos from other people/production companies, but don't recall anything official from Sony.

Someone else might know for sure.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by robotfist View Post
    I think it should be a requirement that all camera companies watch Mark Toia's Red Helium video before they make their own demo video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FSwQpnqqvY&t=180s

Really looking forward to the EVA1 demos. I hope they are better than what that BTS video shows. I'm buying either a C200 an FS7 II or an EVA1 in October. Waiting on Panasonic to see if they can close the deal.
    Yeah... this is superb... and exactly the kind of footage/tests that most want to see from a camera demo.

The narration is great. Sure, the EVA-1 wouldn't fair as well, but some great narration like this video with referring to the EVA-1 as "best in class" and "at this price point, at this size and weight... unprecedented" could be great. No reason to hide from potential flaws or imperfections in a $7,000 camera's performance.

But I agree, put the GH5 in a great DP's hands with flat light conditions or studio light conditions and the meaningful difference in footage comparisons between it and the EVA-1 become minimized.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Amira-user View Post
    hey mitch, didn't get an answer from my last post- does the EVA1's buttons lit up in the dark? or do you need to shine a light on it to see in the dark?

and you mentioned the outputs are all 4:2:2 10 bit, does it mean 60p and above fps including 240p you can output 4:2:2 10 bit to an external recorder? just want to clarify...

i am guessing you do not need a wifi dongle to wirelessly control the EVA right? when is the EVA1 app going to be available?
    Sorry for not getting all the questions.

The buttons do not illuminate.

The video outputs are only at standard SMPTE frame rates. So 60p is the max.

A wifi dongle is required, the Panasonic WM50. There is a door at the top rear of the camera under which is a USB2 port for this. The wifi App, the EVA1 ROP, is scheduled to be available when the camera ships.
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager
    Panasonic Media Entertainment Corporation

5. Collapse Details
    I saw a menu item in one of the bts videos that made me think the video outputs might not be simultaneous... Do you have to choose between SDI and the onboard LCD? Or any other output limitations we should know about?
    Noah Yuan-Vogel
    http://www.noahyv.com

6. Collapse Details
    Hi Mitch, do we have news on the more in depth details regarding EIS yet?

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Gross View Post
    Lots of interesting observations. I'm not going to pick apart anything as you're entitled to your opinion. Just going to clarify a couple points here and there.

- LCD sunshade is indeed removable. Glad you didn't want to abuse the camera, but it pops off with just a bit of effort.
    - No extension to the LCD cable. I just checked with a tape measure -- it's 16" long.
    - Audio phantom power is in the Audio menu. Three steps in to find it. How often do you need to switch this during a shooting day?
    - I guess the fan noise is technically audible if you shove your ear against the battery. It's really, really quiet. Yes, there are settings in the menu.
    -i‘m glad the lcd-hood is removable - i faintly remembered reading something about it beforehand anyway.
    - too bad that there won‘t be an extension, and that the cable is not user–exchangeable. the connector is similar to a sony one, so you could probably build your own extension that might or might not work with the touchscreen’s voltage. but you could still just use an external monitor on your gimbal, so why risk damaging your lcd?
    - audio phantom power: depends on the shooting day but i have to change it about twice on every second shoot. so, no biggie, but i‘ve been on eng-shoots ( with eng cameras, mid you ) where i had to change it pretty often. it's more that i forget to change it back to no pp, if there’s no physical switch. is it displayed in the viewfinder, if it’s switched on?
    - fan noise: again, no biggie, and it’s really not very loud - should not be a problem. i once had a sound technician who complained that the carbonic acid in our fake-beer didn‘t sound like real beer, so your mileage may vary

- one other thing i noticed: there won‘t be a preview image streaming over wifi, like on the gh-cameras, so it’s just settings.

mitch, you probably already answered that question somewhere else, but is it possible to „focus by wire“ on af-lenses by using the wheel on the side-handle?
    Last edited by unami; 09-14-2017 at 06:19 AM.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by nyvz View Post
    I saw a menu item in one of the bts videos that made me think the video outputs might not be simultaneous... Do you have to choose between SDI and the onboard LCD? Or any other output limitations we should know about?
    All outputs are available simultaneously. Perhaps you saw the menu that showed how the SDI output could be set to mirror that of the LCD display, which is useful when employing a 3rd party monitor or viewfinder on the camera.
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by filmguy123 View Post
    Hi Mitch, do we have news on the more in depth details regarding EIS yet?
    The EIS is a two-axis system, east/west & north/south. An interesting aspect of the function is that instead of employing the Super-35 frame, it accesses and area slightly larger, by about 5%. The selected frame is then about 5% smaller than Super-35. This way the EIS can move about within the larger resolution for stabilization without cropping out too much of the image.
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by unami View Post
    -i‘m glad the lcd-hood is removable - i faintly remembered reading something about it beforehand anyway.
    - too bad that there won‘t be an extension, and that the cable is not user–exchangeable. the connector is similar to a sony one, so you could probably build your own extension that might or might not work with the touchscreen’s voltage. but you could still just use an external monitor on your gimbal, so why risk damaging your lcd?
    - audio phantom power: depends on the shooting day but i have to change it about twice on every second shoot. so, no biggie, but i‘ve been on eng-shoots ( with eng cameras, mid you ) where i had to change it pretty often. it's more that i forget to change it back to no pp, if there’s no physical switch. is it displayed in the viewfinder, if it’s switched on?
    - fan noise: again, no biggie, and it’s really not very loud - should not be a problem. i once had a sound technician who complained that the carbonic acid in our fake-beer didn‘t sound like real beer, so your mileage may vary

- one other thing i noticed: there won‘t be a preview image streaming over wifi, like on the gh-cameras, so it’s just settings.

mitch, you probably already answered that question somewhere else, but is it possible to „focus by wire“ on af-lenses by using the wheel on the side-handle?
    An LCD extension won't work and the last thing we want is a 3rd party product plugged into that port. If it draws too much power or some other issue it could fry something. That's why the connection is proprietary, just like the viewfinder connections on every ENG camera out there. If you want a monitor, use SDI or HDMI.

I don't think audio phantom power would be listed on the Home screen -- that starts becoming a lot of data to clutter up a screen. But put up the Home screen and hit the Info button and it will give status information about various settings, including the Audio controls.

I defy anyone to have a problem with Fan noise on the EVA1. It's as close to silent as you could get. Seriously, this is a non-issue for this camera.

Wifi is for menu control, not video feed.

No fly-by-wire focus control. Just one push AF.
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager

Page 222 of 294 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226232272 ... LastLast