Page 294 of 294 FirstFirst ... 194244284290291292293294
Results 2,931 to 2,936 of 2936
  1. Collapse Details
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,844
    Default
    Think I'll just leave this here...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL1zZa_slqw
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager
    Panasonic Media Entertainment Corporation


    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
     

  2. Collapse Details
    Senior Member soarprod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Costa Mesa /OC /California
    Posts
    1,622
    Default
    Saw that the other day - very exciting!

    Mitch, is there a good place to suggest menu / functionality improvements to the EVA? There are a few things bugging me and I hope they can be addressed in a firmware update.

    Also, is there a easy way to ID defective handles?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Gross View Post
    Think I'll just leave this here...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL1zZa_slqw


     

  3. Collapse Details
    PL Mount
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Gross View Post
    Think I'll just leave this here...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL1zZa_slqw
    Mitch,

    Are you at liberty to provide more detail on the PL mount? Will it have broad support for modern short base PL mount lenses? Will the solution be sturdy enough for wiggle free focus pulls?
    Last edited by angryseven; 11-12-2017 at 09:29 PM.


     

  4. Collapse Details
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,844
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by soarprod View Post
    Saw that the other day - very exciting!

    Mitch, is there a good place to suggest menu / functionality improvements to the EVA? There are a few things bugging me and I hope they can be addressed in a firmware update.

    Also, is there a easy way to ID defective handles?
    Feel free to post here or on one of the EVA1 Facebook groups. I must note that while we always strive to make our products the best possible, there may not be room in the device to implement changes. I honestly do not know. Some products are FPGA-based, and they can be programmed to do many things. But there isn't much FPGA room in the EVA1. It is primarily operated by a dedicated chipset, which allows it to work with extreme efficiency of power, heat and speed. It would have been impossible to make he camera so small, light and power-sipping (those batteries are small) if it was built differently. But the consequence of this efficiency is that much is set in stone.

    Information on the handgrips will be forthcoming soon.
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager
    Panasonic Media Entertainment Corporation


     

  5. Collapse Details
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,844
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by angryseven View Post
    Mitch,

    Are you at liberty to provide more detail on the PL mount? Will it have broad support for modern short base PL mount lenses? Will the solution be sturdy enough to for wiggle free focus pulls?
    I honestly do not have details. I'm glad they did it but they did so mostly on their own (with a bit of encouragement).
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager
    Panasonic Media Entertainment Corporation


     

  6. Collapse Details
    Senior Member soarprod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Costa Mesa /OC /California
    Posts
    1,622
    Default
    Ok great!

    Some quick issues:
    -Powering off the camera turns off the focus peaking forcing me to re-activate along with the spot exposure meter and power LCD function.
    -Why are some functions only available if I assign them to fn buttons?
    -Is it possible to have these functions activated by menu?
    -Can we have a user menu or my settings menu that can be customized for quick access?
    -I can assign the user button/ wheel to activate FPS and switch quickly to overcrank but it is really annoying to have to change the recording to 8bit in order to unlock the 60p mode in 4K. Would love to have the camera auto switch from 10bit to 8bit with some kind of override.
    -is there a downside to using power LCD? Why is it buried in the menu?




    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Gross View Post
    Feel free to post here or on one of the EVA1 Facebook groups. I must note that while we always strive to make our products the best possible, there may not be room in the device to implement changes. I honestly do not know. Some products are FPGA-based, and they can be programmed to do many things. But there isn't much FPGA room in the EVA1. It is primarily operated by a dedicated chipset, which allows it to work with extreme efficiency of power, heat and speed. It would have been impossible to make he camera so small, light and power-sipping (those batteries are small) if it was built differently. But the consequence of this efficiency is that much is set in stone.

    Information on the handgrips will be forthcoming soon.


     

Page 294 of 294 FirstFirst ... 194244284290291292293294

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •