Page 238 of 238 FirstFirst ... 138188228234235236237238
Results 2,371 to 2,378 of 2378
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Gross View Post
    Outside of V-Log, there are five Scene Files that you can change up to your heart's content. There are a couple variants of Rec709, with additional weight to over or under exposure areas of the curve (basically one is good for bright day and the other good for darker interior) as well as a punchier curve meant to better match the GH5's more limited dynamic range. But you can change these as you wish and bring them back with a reset. You can also save them in camera or to an SD card.

The available controls include: black, gamma, knee, white clip, detail, skin detail, chroma, matrix, and a full 16-axis color corrector.
    When you shot in V-LOG you can have 14 stops of dynamic range, but when you use baked color profile (CINE D or CINE V, are present?) how many stops of dynamic range do you can achieve?

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Zak Forsman View Post
    the thing that disappoints (and it's my own fault) is that I assumed Dual ISO meant 2500 would be just as clean as 800. and that perhaps 3200 and higher would be acceptbale. that won't be the case apparently. what Dual ISO likely means is that you are shifting the ISO where DR is at its best, albeit noisier -- but again, i'm assuming.j
    from what in saw on a demo (with an engineering model) was, that 2500 was only very, very slightly noisier than the 800, if even. you‘ll probably see similar noise on an equally underexposed image filmed at 800. it‘s the good old panasonic noise in dark images. as far as i can tell, the noise at iso 2500 is compareable to other cameras in this price range, but dynamic range might be better on the EVA. it’s hard to say if you don‘t make a side by side comparison. afaik the fs7 got a native iso of 2000. and the noise i saw on the c200 was nothing to write home about either.

still, canon and sony are the more established brands in this price range and also offer something unique. i‘m afraid it‘ll be a hard sell for panasonic.
    Last edited by unami; Yesterday at 01:30 PM.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    thanks for sharing your perspective on it. i’m looking fwd to end of october when my camera ships and we have the improvements made in the official release firmware.
    DOWN AND DANGEROUS is now on iTunes :: A smuggler bleeds like anyone else. He just gets more chances to prove it.
    THE SABI COMPANY :: FACEBOOK :: TWITTER :: IMDB :: #DADmovie

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDingo View Post
    And it's definitely not related to YouTube or Vimeo re-encoding compression ?
    It's entirely possible. I watched Filippo's video several more times on Vimeo and most of the problems seem to have cleared up. Perhaps my connection was causing the waves to lose detail at certain moments. A downloadable version would clear up any uncertainties about the LongGOP footage.

What's amazing is how good the LongGOP image looks from this camera in most shooting conditions. That would save you tons of drive space.

5. Collapse Details
    Hi all,

Please, see my grading version from my Vimeo page: https://vimeo.com/231577650
    I uploaded my video at the highest possible quality.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Filippo Chiesa View Post
    Hi all,

Please, see my grading version from my Vimeo page: https://vimeo.com/231577650
    I uploaded my video at the highest possible quality.
    Superb!

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Gross View Post
    Strange, I just looked at it again a few times and don't see what you are seeing. There was nothing done on set or in post and I was there for both.
    How large of a screen are you viewing on Mitch? I am looking at the 4K on my 27 iMac full screen and the heatwave signature/rippling is plain as day here where the arrows indicate. Anyone else notice this or am I seeing something nobody else is?

Rippling Box PS.jpg
    Always spending money on more gear! It's a sickness.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by puredrifting View Post
    How large of a screen are you viewing on Mitch? I am looking at the 4K on my 27 iMac full screen and the heatwave signature/rippling is plain as day here where the arrows indicate. Anyone else notice this or am I seeing something nobody else is?
    I see it too. On the carpet, on the discs, on the box.

Page 238 of 238 FirstFirst ... 138188228234235236237238