Page 293 of 294 FirstFirst ... 193243283289290291292293294 LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,930 of 2936
  1. Collapse Details
    Mitch, how does the EVA1 native noise compare at 800/2500 vs the LT at 800/5000?

How does it compare vs LT when bumping up one stop?

2. Collapse Details
    What is the grip recall issue?

What are the North America stock levels anticipated to be at during Q4 2017? Should it be possible to get one without a pre order?

3. Collapse Details
    You can buy one at Adorama right now...check last page.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by laverdir View Post
    Do you accuse users of this forum not being intelligent enough for recognizing a joke?

Could you point me out where is that rule written for users of this or any other professional forum.

If I'm in breech of any rule using this forum and humor is forbidden here, I'll stop and never come back.
    I said please.

I didn't state that you broke any rules. I wish to avoid confusion.

There are many people who are only casual followers of such technical developments or of the specs on a given camera. In reading your post there is no indication to such a reader that the statement is meant as a joke. No smiley face, no indicating terminology. Tone is particularly difficult to determine in written form, and there is also the consideration that English may not be the first language of a reader taking in your comment.

So again I will make what I meant as a polite request, and I hope that you and others take it as such.

If you are going to make jokes on a professional forum please identify them as such so that people are not confused.
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager
    Panasonic System Solutions Company

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by OnSet View Post
    Took a look at the screen shot of the ROP app.
    No monitor, good control of settings.
    But I didn't see any control of focus.
    There is an area at the bottom that looks like you can trigger the function buttons? -- So perhaps some basic focus functionality could be added there? Might be worth a try.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/eva-...288430414?mt=8
    Yes, the User Buttons can be triggered, and one of the available controls for the User Buttons is One-Push Auto-Focus.
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post
    You can buy one at Adorama right now...check last page.
    Thanks! I saw that, but not quite ready yet - not sure what the grip recall issue is, would like to see a tad bit more footage. Unless I'm likely to be SOL till 2018.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by nyvz View Post
    Seems like it'd be a good idea to wait for new side grips since it sounds like they might be doing a full recall and exchange of all the side grips unless you get a new shipment...

I was about to order but worried about the grip issue and now it looks like it's better to wait since the fix is imminent. Better to get camera fully operational in a week or two than buy now and have to do the hassle of a grip exchange probably having to be without the grip for a week or two...
    Another way to look at it is that if you get the camera now then you can be confident that either way you are assured of getting a handgrip that is of the latest design.

Sorry I have been away from DVXuser for a few days. For any who do not know, here is what we posted yesterday:

Panasonic has improved the design of the AU-EVA1 side handgrip, strengthening the rotation lock.
    New EVA1s will ship from the factory with the improved design. Panasonic will exchange handgrips of the old design for new units.
    Details on schedule, administration, and technical specifications are to follow during the coming week. We will post additional information soon.
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by filmguy123 View Post
    Mitch, how does the EVA1 native noise compare at 800/2500 vs the LT at 800/5000?

How does it compare vs LT when bumping up one stop?
    I'm going to let others make those comparisons. I know there are lots of tests going on that will get posted to Vimeo so I'll hang back for now.
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by filmguy123 View Post
    What is the grip recall issue?

What are the North America stock levels anticipated to be at during Q4 2017? Should it be possible to get one without a pre order?
    Statement about EVA1 handgrip:

Panasonic has improved the design of the AU-EVA1 side handgrip, strengthening the rotation lock.
    New EVA1s will ship from the factory with the improved design. Panasonic will exchange handgrips of the old design for new units.
    Details on schedule, administration, and technical specifications are to follow during the coming week. We will post additional information soon.

As far as stock levels go, we honestly have no way of knowing. I say this because while we have HUGE preorders from our dealers around the country (I deal with the US, but I know worldwide demand is equally enormous), Panasonic has no way of knowing how many of those orders are presold by the dealers and how many are for inventory stock. If it were up to me I'd want every single one of them already allocated to a customer with a credit card deposit, but that's because as the Product Manager it's good for me that they just keep on shipping! :-) When our initial deliveries went out there were some cameras that were open for sale by a few dealers, but it was a relative handful.
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager

10. Collapse Details
    Thanks for being on top of it Mitch!

Page 293 of 294 FirstFirst ... 193243283289290291292293294 LastLast