Page 219 of 294 FirstFirst ... 119169209215216217218219220221222223229269 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,190 of 2936
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by filmguy123 View Post
    Hi Mitch, when will the official films that were screened last night be available for online viewing?

Probably not ideal for the first clips rolling out to be ones such as the one linked above.

Looking forward to seeing the footage from yesterday!
    By the end of the week.
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager
    Panasonic System Solutions Company

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Brown View Post
    It looks like it will be more and more difficult to prove the camera is a good one with odd footage showing up. Have people such a hard on for this camera and cannot make something good?
    This kind of stuff happens with every new camera release from all the manufacturers.
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by morgan_moore View Post
    Ive not measured the FS7 but it wont go where I need it (consider Ive tried to balance that with a CN17-120) which basically puts the camera behind you (!) - Its odd.. there are little things that make the cameras work well or not

Does the SDi have focus punch as I guess the onboard EVF does?
    If you set the SDI to mirror the LCD then yes.
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by robotfist View Post
    So it looks like both the C200 and the EVA1 demo videos have random dancers gyrating in arctic environments under completely flat lighting situations.

Why is Red the only camera company that understands how to make good camera demos?
    One of three films. They're all very different in content, look, lighting style, shooting style, environment, etc.
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by filmguy123 View Post
    Well, in another thread, when many here asked for a demo showing the EVA-1 in extenuating, high contrast, DR-stretching scenarios... such as sunny outdoors, live events, challenging lighting, natural lighting, low lighting, etc. the answer given was along the lines of "why would we want to show the camera at its worst?".

So I think until we see more user demos, the samples we receive may be limited on how helpful they are in terms of comparing the EVA-1 in the scenarios where's its purported feature set and benefits really matter most (at least to many of us). Instead, the films we get will likely all be ideal low contrast conditions in stunning locations and/or well lit productions with a team... great for comparing image sharpness and color rendition, but not so much for how it handles the heat in the aforementioned scenarios...

RED understands how to make good camera demos because they also have full confidence that the sensor and cameras they are making are some of the best on the market, period, not a more budget/entry level $7000 camera. The Red looks outstanding in hyper challenging scenarios so there's really nothing to fear, only to gain - it's all show off for them. The EVA-1 should be excellent for it's price point, but would look "bad" compared to a camera system running 10x as much for a comparable setup. As expected.

Honestly, I am guessing that most people here would be very impressed with what the EVA-1 can do in challenging scenarios, but the internet is fully of useless camera comparison videos judged by people who know nothing of how cameras work, so I understand Panasonic wanting to mitigate the risk here and only show demo footage in the best of scenarios, despite how annoying it is for those of us trying to accurately judge a camera's comparative strengths and weaknesses for our own use cases, with an informed opinion and expectation of what we're looking for.

Though at this point, it's been over 24 hours since the NYC screening and I am wondering why we can't see any of this footage online?? I was expecting to see videos posted last evening, but I guess that's still in limbo..
    I suggest you all withhold judgement as to how well our sample films show the abilities of the EVA1 until you actually see the films. Then you can criticize all you want (and I'm sure you will). But you may surprised by how much we challenged the camera.

The films showed in New York on Monday. They will show in LA on Thursday and then at IBC starting Friday. And then we release to the web.
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by dustylense View Post
    LOL. Too funny. "Our camera has 15 stops DR, but we find overcast days to show it off".
    OK, I'll tell you about one shot before you see it. Elle Schneider's movie "Near to Superstition" is a western that was shot in large part out in the Mojave. There's a campfire scene where the actors are lit by the fire with a small light panel adding a touch of edge light. As we were wrapping the scene, one last shot was added. It was a shot Elle had wondered if it was possible to capture, and decided to try it out. And it worked. So when the campfire scene begins, you can see the talent illuminated by the flames -- and the stars of the constellation Orion in the sky behind them. All captured in one exposure.

How's that for Dynamic Range?
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

7. Collapse Details
    hey mitch, didn't get an answer from my last post- does the EVA1's buttons lit up in the dark? or do you need to shine a light on it to see in the dark?

and you mentioned the outputs are all 4:2:2 10 bit, does it mean 60p and above fps including 240p you can output 4:2:2 10 bit to an external recorder? just want to clarify...

i am guessing you do not need a wifi dongle to wirelessly control the EVA right? when is the EVA1 app going to be available?
    Last edited by Amira-user; 09-13-2017 at 08:09 PM.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by robotfist View Post
    So it looks like both the C200 and the EVA1 demo videos have random dancers gyrating in arctic environments under completely flat lighting situations.

Why is Red the only camera company that understands how to make good camera demos?
    I guess you haven't seen the demo for the new Sony Venice then?

Arri also makes good demos. Actually pretty much every Hollywood movie is an Arri demo.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Brown View Post
    It looks like it will be more and more difficult to prove the camera is a good one with odd footage showing up. Have people such a hard on for this camera and cannot make something good?
    Just don't expect too much and you won't be disappointed.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by dustylense View Post
    LOL. Too funny. "Our camera has 15 stops DR, but we find overcast days to show it off".
    Is the Raven demo in question the one with the overcast day in the forest? If so then I agree. Most modern cameras would have looked good shot that way.

Page 219 of 294 FirstFirst ... 119169209215216217218219220221222223229269 ... LastLast