Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Ahh I had done mine as lens > step up ring > xume > filter

So this is lens > xume > step up ring > filter?

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by filmguy123 View Post
    Ahh I had done mine as lens > step up ring > xume > filter

So this is lens > xume > step up ring > filter?
    Best practice with the Xumes is to protect them from knocks that might dislodge the filter by using them inside a hood that attaches directly to the lens, which often means within bayonet mounted OEM hoods. Some of Mamiya's RZ 77mm rubber hoods have front threads suited to attaching Xumes, but almost no others do. I have a 77mm filter set that uses 80mm step-up Front/Cine Rings, Mamiya RZ hoods, & Xumes, but it's bulkier than I want for m4/3, so I primarily use a 58mm system that natively fits my workhorse lenses, the 12-35/2.8, & 35-100/2.8.

For the 12/1.4, & 42.5/1.2, I'm adding seperate sets of 2, 4, & 6, stop NDs, plus a Clear filter, both in 62mm, & 67mm. The PanaLeica primes are principally for my personal use, & along with a GH5, live inside a Peak Design sling bag, but will have secondary uses for on-set stills, & B-Roll. It's mostly a kit to grab on a day off, or after the job, but also suitable for B-Roll, & pre-production Scouts, so having a handful of NDs make sense.

There are lots of jobs the GH cameras can handle, but when practical I'll usually use my FS7, or whatever camera the production dictates, such as an ARRI. But even when filming on the other systems I always bring a GH kit, & often end up using some of it's footage in the cut. This pared down PanaLeica kit will fill this need for those days I don't want to drag around the full Monty.
    Last edited by Bern Caughey; 04-22-2017 at 11:29 AM.

3. Collapse Details
    On a side note...The 12/1.4's hood is well built, & reverses nicely on over the lens for storage, but provides little shading if a filter is attached, & none when the filter is stacked on top of Xumes.

Would love Xume, or some 3rd party, to offer screw-in lens hoods with front threads suited for the Xume Adapters. Offer a variety of sizes, & models for different FOVs, & I'll back your Kickstarter.
    Last edited by Bern Caughey; 04-22-2017 at 05:17 PM.

4. Collapse Details
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfIyJJYS7qQ

my quick and dirty test of the GH5 + sigma 35 1.4 + speedbooster XL at 1600iso.

I graded the final footage so it's a bit darker than what was shot. No NR and even added gorilla grain to it. You guys can get a sense of the noise at 1600iso. Used the 35mm fuji 4k gorilla grain and it didn't really do much since the 1600iso footage's noise matched it pretty well.

That alley was REALLY dark so I was pretty amazed at the results from the SB+art+1600iso combo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12