Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    GH5 users, hold off on today's Adobe CC update
    Like a fool I installed today's CC updates assuming they'd have fixed the issue with the 10 bit files. Since receiving my GH5 two weeks ago, I've used AME to transcode the internally recorded 10bit files to DnX HQ & HQX. Everything fine, really enjoying working with the VLOG-L footage. Today, after installing the update, things are worse. Previously I would see thumbnails in AME as a file was processed. Today, I only see a black rectangle. When I import the file into Premier Pro it's now audio only. In Prelude & PP, the file icons now appear as Audition icons (waveforms) instead of the question mark. Yesterday, despite the "?" icon, AME would encode the MOV files to a perfectly fine DnX file. And I tried it with the same MOV files that successfully transcoded yesterday.
    I'm on a fairly recent Windows 10 64bit OS computer with a GTX1080 graphics card.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    These guys are saying something about it, but I didn't read it - https://www.cinema5d.com/alert-do-no...pro-cc-2017-1/

3. Collapse Details
    Came across that warning just now, too late for me. Kind of funny, they show a response from Adobe customer care telling people to transcode. . . I could before the update.
    Last edited by Steve Ogden; 04-19-2017 at 09:12 PM.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Ogden View Post
    Came across that warning just now, too late for me. Kind of funny, they show a response from Adobe customer care telling people to transcode. . . I could before the update.
    This is really sad. It isn't as if we haven't known for a half a year the GH5 was coming. This new Adobe release should have been perfect timing to support the format.

The response from Adobe is a classic clueless response that helps nobody. Kind of hard to transcode when the decoder can't even use the files as a video clip. If they meant use a 3rd party tool or AME then the support person should have said that instead of the worlds most useless response.

5. Collapse Details
    yeah, least they could have done is recommend a reliable transcoding tool.

6. Collapse Details
    The stupidity of some companies is at times only surmounted by their ignorance of a customer's needs. Sometimes I'd like to have hands the size of seal's fins to perform the appropriate facepalm.
    Last edited by Rolf Silber; 04-20-2017 at 02:36 AM.

7. Collapse Details
    Vegas 14 is really no better with much the same response of showing a green screen and the audio. EDIUS WG 8.3 plays all the GH5 files native just fine at least all the ones I have tried from my GH5. That is 4K 10 bit 4:2:2 , UHD at 60P and HD at 60P. I have not tried AVCHD as I will not use and expect those to work.

8. Collapse Details
    HD Cinematics Convert V4? Cheap enough if it works. I only have v2 here or I would request a clip to try transcoding.

What about Sony Catalyst Browse, it clumsy but it converts, Catalyst Prepare would probably be better but costs money.

As far as I know, all of the above are based on ffmpeg/ffmbc so something like Handbrake might also do the deed.

9. Collapse Details
    Not sure what is going on over at Adobe, but on the photographers side of life some of their updates have been piss poor as well. Everything was peachy until recently with their updates where now I have all sorts of issues in PS. On the video side, I use FCPX and on the Gh5 I have no problems working with it.

10. Collapse Details
    Adobe has been responsive via twitter, say they're aware of the GH5 issue & are working on it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast