Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    GH5 - Is there a chance for a quick release of some different variants?
    What i mean is:

- a GH5S with less pixels (like Sony A7S)
    - a GH5 in a DVX200 Body
    - a GH5 in an AF100 Body

I think, something of this could happen. What do you think? Or someone has "insider"-information about future products, based on the GH5? ;-)

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Emmet Brown View Post
    What i mean is:

- a GH5S with less pixels (like Sony A7S)
    - a GH5 in a DVX200 Body
    - a GH5 in an AF100 Body

I think, something of this could happen. What do you think? Or someone has "insider"-information about future products, based on the GH5? ;-)
    I have no information but I would imagine a G90/95 and a GX90/95 taking some of the new features from the GH5 packaged in a more sober body for a cheaper price coming out in a couple of months.

3. Collapse Details
    None.

4. Collapse Details
    There is no chance that Panasonic will re-body the GH5 into an video body (oh please let me be wrong). Panasonic is in no financial shape to be experimenting. They tried it once and they will not repeat it. The DVX and UX do well to serve the camcorder market. The 4/3" camcorder market is too small to be served.

5. Collapse Details
    Upgrading the DVX200 to GH5 internals would work though. A DVX300 !! Leaving the interchangeable lens market to the GH5. Would be a nice camcorder. Would be a good match to the GH5.

6. Collapse Details
    Begs the question regarding the namesake of this website/forum...

7. Collapse Details
    I think down the road they may venture back into a GH6 Pro or AF200, but not this year and probably not next...

I'm very happy with the quality on the GH5. A big part of this comes from the detail afforded by the larger pixel count and the way it downscales and gives no additional 4K crop factor, so I don't see a small pixel version coming. Better lowlight + additional DR will probably come next generation with backlit sensor and further sensor improvements.

The reason I could see Panasonic in a few years going back to an interchangeable pro lens body is because I do think the M43 format has a bright future. The GH5 footage is very detailed, much cleaner, great color, decent lowlight, etc. As sensor tech improves I really see it being a continually strong pro option.

All that to say: I would not hold my breath for any additional variations on GH5. Maybe next gen.

8. Collapse Details
    You are probably right. And thats sad... I think Panasonic would definetly be able to hurt its competitors with amazing, affordable MFT cinema cameras. But i understand the risks and costs are a problem. I think the AF100, the DVX200 and even the JVC LS300 were and are clever, interesting and underrated cameras. Only the majority of the customers are not convinced. So Panasonic would have to invest millions and millions for marketing. Haha, maybe they should also integrate a speedbooster, that could convince many users of other brands ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul F View Post
    There is no chance that Panasonic will re-body the GH5 into an video body (oh please let me be wrong). Panasonic is in no financial shape to be experimenting. They tried it once and they will not repeat it. The DVX and UX do well to serve the camcorder market. The 4/3" camcorder market is too small to be served.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Emmet Brown View Post
    Haha, maybe they should also integrate a speedbooster, that could convince many users of other brands ;-)
    Better: buy metabones and put a high quality variable ND filter in the booster.

10. Collapse Details
    Next gen with electronic variable ND filter built into body + backlit sensor and even a 1-stop DR improvement. H.265 400mbps LongGOP 4K 4:2:2 10-bit up to 60p, FHD 10-bit 4:2:2 at 120-180p.

#Sold

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast