Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Are people welcome to this forum?
    I understand there are scammers, I've been a member of numerous message boards. I understand the process to sign up and get approved, it makes sense.

However, I signed up on March 11 and did not get "approved" until April 4, though I received a message when I signed up that it would only take 24 to 48 hours. I attempted to post here, as instructed, but couldn't. During those 3 weeks I wrote to the CONTACT US 2 times with no response, and then contacted a board member through private messaging (I could not post on the board but I was able to do that) and asked for help. They did respond but no progress was made. I tried the CONACT US once more. It appeared that the number of people signed up was what was important for advertising since I could not get approved, after clicking on the link I was sent, after writing now 3 times to the board admins, and even asking a board member for help, so I gave up.

Then out of the blue I got approved. Meanwhile, 3 other people got approved while I had been waiting, so it is not that there wasn't someone available to do it.

Is this a viable board? I know there isn't a lot of traffic but it is quality traffic. I attempted to delete my account but I am unable to do that as well. I see a member here whom I know and respect so that is encouraging, but I just don't know after this experience.

Basically, what is up with this?

Steve

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    I can't help you regarding traffic etc. but I sympathize with your situation. I "joined" BMCuser in 2013 and still can't post anything, it's an absolute joke.

Now that you're a registered member, only you can judge whether anything you take from the forum outweighs the trouble of initially signing up. I would say it will be well worth the minor setback, however annoying.

3. Collapse Details
    Welcome to the forum. Maybe the forum moderators anticipated your first post's contribution to the forum and that's what caused the delay.

2 out of 3 members found this post helpful.

4. Collapse Details
    Don't quote me on this but I overheard in the Forum Breakroom (special invitation only) they had trouble getting the police background checks done. Apparently you moved around a lot. It's all in the Privacy Statement. The reason you couldn't cancel your membership is because although it's free to join, it costs $10,000 to get out. All in the Privacy Statement.

Relax and enjoy the forum now.

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.

5. Collapse Details
    I found that once you are in it is a very friendly and helpful place.
    Try a few posts....

Like all these forums (any forums anywhere) there are the occasional glitches Not just for people joining.

6. Collapse Details
    Middle of the woods in Georgia, where on a quiet night, you really can hear banjo music...
    Hey, they let me in almost 10 years ago, they will obviously let ANYBODY in

Seriously though, there are (Or were) a lot a big talent and some up and comers too, that post here. Sort of balances out the rest of the weak postings by folks like me.

7. Collapse Details
    Nice to see there is a sense of humor here. It is certainly needed in this field.

Thanks for the welcome.

Steve

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

8. Collapse Details
    there is definitely some dickishness around, but for the most part, we try.

9. Collapse Details
    Middle of the woods in Georgia, where on a quiet night, you really can hear banjo music...
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bass View Post
    there is definitely some dickishness around, but for the most part, we try.
    Hey! Why'd you look at me when you typed that?

10. Collapse Details
    i was trying to look all around me. youre the only one who made eye contact.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast