Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Collapse Details
    Well, the 5D Mark IV will receive the C-Log, but the rest was fake. Some people here called it...I totally believed it, lol.

"We first reported that the EOS 5D Mark IV would get a C-Log update last month, and a few days later a more indepth upgrade list came from an unknown source. It looks like the detailed firmware specifications list from a “new source” was a nice and detailed hoax. We very rarely get caught but them, but we were this time. As has been the case in the past, if anything is extremely detailed as far as a rumor goes, it’s likely not legitimate.

Apologies if we got people’s hopes up, but everything we post isn’t always 100% correct."

http://www.canonrumors.com/canon-usa...#ixzz4enfcyTFp

I guess nothing for the 1DX Mark II?

2. Collapse Details
    No mention of it anywhere.. Hopefully it comes down the pipe... One would think that if the 5d mark iv gets log the 1dx mark ii does as well, but who knows...

3. Collapse Details
    Here's a note from Canon about the image quality when shooting in C-Log:

"When Canon Log is set, horizontal noise stripes may appear in movies depending on subject or shooting conditions. It is recommended to shoot a few test movies and check before the actual shooting. Note that noise may become more noticeable especially when you apply strong contrast during color grading of the shot movie.

Horizontal noise stripes tend to appear when the subject is dark and flat or [Peripheral illum.] is set to [Enable]. This noise may also appear when ISO speed is relatively low, such as at ISO 400.

When the noise is noticeable, it is recommended to set [Peripheral illum.] to [Disable], shoot in brighter exposure, and perform brightness adjustment during color grading. Also, noise may be decreased when you shoot at ISO speed lower than ISO 400 (even though the dynamic range will be narrowed)."

4. Collapse Details
    As a 1DX Mark II owner I really hope C Log goes to the top end stills camera from Canon. Its a bit disappointing they basically made the 5D Mark IV the 5D C and can't give us Mark II's a path to make it the 1D C II, which in a way it is, but without C log.
    SÚrgio Perez
    Macanese Director
    http://vimeo.com/user1503556

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by SPZ View Post
    As a 1DX Mark II owner I really hope C Log goes to the top end stills camera from Canon. Its a bit disappointing they basically made the 5D Mark IV the 5D C and can't give us Mark II's a path to make it the 1D C II, which in a way it is, but without C log.
    Agree with Sergio. I too have the 1DXII. Canon should have announced clog for it as well. I don't mind paying the 99 USD for c-log in my 1DXII. Though at the price of 1DXII, it should be a free upgrade. Someone start a petition to Canon and then I will forward it to them.
    Sabyasachi Patra / Wild Tiger Productions
    Equipment Reviews:http://www.indiawilds.com/diary/category/equipment/
    Youtube channel:https://www.youtube.com/user/IndiaWilds
    Profile:http://www.indiawilds.com/about.htm

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by indiawilds View Post
    Agree with Sergio. I too have the 1DXII. Canon should have announced clog for it as well. I don't mind paying the 99 USD for c-log in my 1DXII. Though at the price of 1DXII, it should be a free upgrade. Someone start a petition to Canon and then I will forward it to them.
    I'll sign the petition as well! It's absurd that the 5D IV gets Log but not the 1DX II. I actually called Canon customer service (1-800-OK-CANON) and spoke to one of their technicians. I told her the 1DX II should also get Log, and she was very receptive and said she'll pass along the message.
    Jaime VallÚs
    AJV Media
    Video, Photography & Graphic Design: www.ajvmedia.com

7. Collapse Details
    Do you guys know what a "make up" call is in sports?

8. Collapse Details
    The 5D Mark IV and 1DX Mark II are on the same team - how does it apply here?

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post
    The 5D Mark IV and 1DX Mark II are on the same team - how does it apply here?
    Sony A9 had to give up S-log, MKIV had to give up the full/er sensor read.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456